X

Fixed dent in tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed dent in tank

So I was washing my bike yesterday and leaned a little to hard on my tank with my elbow.
    It left a good size ( about 4" across and 1" deep) dent on my tank. I was not happy. So out
    of desperation I to wal-mart and bought a Pops-A-Dent...... like I said I was desperate.
    I had to use it four times but it worked perfectly. best $20 I have ever spent. If you have a dent on your tank give it a try. It did not hurt the paint at all. Now I will say that I tried it on my car ( honda civic ) and it was absolute crap. I guess the fact that the tank is thinner made
    it possible for it to work.

I have a very small dent in my tank maybe I try that thanks for the tip
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

nice to know...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I've used a 3 dollar toilet plunger on a car before, worked great. I don't know that it would have enough suction for a small dent though.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll have to try that on my civic

Comment

are you saying that your tank is thinner metal that what you find on a honda civic? I really find that hard to believe. I think it is more to do with the style of dent. the one on your tank likely didn't have a "kink" in the dent....where the civic probably has.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by katana0286 View Post
              So I was washing my bike yesterday and leaned a little to hard on my tank with my elbow.
              It left a good size ( about 4" across and 1" deep) dent on my tank. I was not happy. So out
              of desperation I to wal-mart and bought a Pops-A-Dent...... like I said I was desperate.
              I had to use it four times but it worked perfectly. best $20 I have ever spent. If you have a dent on your tank give it a try. It did not hurt the paint at all. Now I will say that I tried it on my car ( honda civic ) and it was absolute crap. I guess the fact that the tank is thinner made
              it possible for it to work.

holy crap...how much do you weigh that you dented the tank than much from leaning on it ?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                holy crap...how much do you weigh that you dented the tank than much from leaning on it ?
                WOW, ya, that's what I was thinking. Crap, I think I could stand on my tank without denting it in any way.
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

180lbs ..... I'm just powerful.... and i was wearing my riding jacket...whats with all this hate from Canada lol
                  Last edited by katana0286; 06-28-2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                    I've used a 3 dollar toilet plunger on a car before, worked great. I don't know that it would have enough suction for a small dent though.
                    Haha, that sounds like a good picture opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by alex_lounsbury View Post
                      Haha, that sounds like a good picture opportunity
                      Of him sucking the crap outta his car?
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

im heading to the evil empire in the morning to see if i can find this. was it in the auto section?

Comment

I picked it up today and it worked perfectly!. Check this out

i started with this

dent all gone!

you can read and see better close ups on my blog

Guías y trucos de videojuegos. Juegos Online. Trucos de GTA 5. Trucos de Fortnite, Juegos de Coches. Juegos de fútbol. Minijuegos.

Comment

What kind of glue will work on a repainted tank?

I have a similar dent in mine and I purchased the dent tool also. Didn't think about the bike having been repainted by the PO. I've tried several times to get the glue to stick to the paint, but have not been successful. Any suggestions on adhesives, besides the glue included, to get the tool to stick to my paint?
                            2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katana0286 View Post
                              180lbs ..... I'm just powerful.... and i was wearing my riding jacket...whats with all this hate from Canada lol
                              So you wash your bike with your riding jacket? lol

EDIT: Ha, more hate from Canada!

Comment

Working...
                              X