X

Help, My Fender Eliminator Vanished!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, My Fender Eliminator Vanished!!

I had a fender eliminator for my kat, but it came with the bike, and to be honest with you, I have no idea who makes it. It's a half circle piece of galvanized metal that follows the contour of the underside of the tail to cover up the gnarled plastic you get from chopping the shovel. The other piece consists of another piece of said metal bolted to the stock undertail to make the acutal plate mount. There were 2 holes on the outer piece to secure the piece to the stock fairing. I have seemingly lost this piece during the painting of my plastics, and I need one badly. Please help me figure out what it is, I believe it's a Competition Werkes kit, but I can't find pics of it anywhere. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Dude, if I could swim, I'd be a Pirate.

The part you are talking about sounds like the piece that the turn signal brackets mount to.
    The description you gave makes me think it is a competitionwerkes kit. Thats what I have on my Kat. Go to the CW site. They have a phone number listed on it. http://www.competitionwerkes.com/Cat...1_products.htm

Comment

Actually, the signals mount to the license plate part too. Aside from that, all the cover does is tidy up the underside of the tail inbetween the rear and the plate. so the plate is just a cover. I'm wondering if any fender eliminator will work for it, but a LOT of my shovel is gone.

Comment

free sig hosting

Comment

free sig hosting

Comment

thanks, that's the one!! Now, I need that upper cover plate and i'm set. Anyone here have one they'd like to part with?

Comment

Glad I could help and good luck. Hope you find the part.

Comment

do you happen to have a good pic of just the plate itself? the one i had had a "sump" to allow light through for the light for the plate, was wondering if it was the same one, and thanks, you're awesome for helping me out!!

Comment

just an FYI, you can also just use a basic bracket that you can make urself, or anyone could make for you. Still cant see anything but the turn signals after you mount it. Looks cool and does basically the same thing as the competition works unit. 8)

Comment

I have a bracket on there now, only problem is that there is an ugly opening that is there that wasn't before. The 194 bulb installs inside underneath just behind the registration holder compartment under the seat via the CW kit, so the light is visible from behind. I was just rather fond of the cleanliness that the plate provided. If anyone has one they want to part with, or know someone who does, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X