X

Question about mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mirrors

K so I'm having some problems with my mirrors. It's a pre 600, so it has the two bolts going through the mirror into the fairing where it connects to the tabs...So the one bolt would just spin in the tab and wouldnt tighten, and it just fell out the other day while i was riding and is gone. the other is reasonably tight, but i tihnk it's just spinning too and I dont want to tighten it anymore in fear that it'll fall off too...What solutions do I have? Should i get a bolt, put it through and just put a nut on the other side of the tab to tighten it? Would it be the tabs inside tha are stripped or just the bolts and i should just try new bolts...I hate worrying that my mirror is going to go whizzing by my head at any minute

There are nuts welded to the inside of the headlight bracket/fairing stay. Easy fix, if they're stripped is to cut 'em off and weld new one's on. You don't want to dinker around with "free" nuts (now THAT doesn't sound right) on the inside of the fairings - they're impossible to work with, especially considering that you'll have to mess with them every time you pull your upper fairings (something I do about a half dozen times a season).
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
    X