X

sticker removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticker removal

does anyone know a good way to remove the factory warning stickers, i have tried to peel them- use different solvents. not much luck hope somebody has a good way of removing them.

kevin

blow torch, burn 'em off.

Comment

try using a Heat gun or hair dryer.
      Heat them up, it makes the sticky part loosen its grip after so many degress, then peel it away. I usually use goo gone then to remove any leftover residue, and then ofcourse wash wax the bike. Best of luck!

Comment

thanx i will give it a try

Comment

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I just took off mine this weekend and tried all the solvents and had no luck.Read the other post and thought the tennis ball trick was crazy but hey lets give it a try.Had all the glue gone in half an hour...the things we learn

Comment

hair dryer and goo-gone
              25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

helpful info

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                  hair dryer and goo-gone

what he said

Comment

A stick of dynamite that will remove the stickers
                    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Try an eraser wheel. they are used in automotive body shops for decal and pinstrip removal. they attach to the end of a drill and are found at any autobody supply store, sometimes NAPA. after the removal of the decal, you may need to polish up the area with a light buffing compound or wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Red600F View Post
                        Try an eraser wheel. they are used in automotive body shops for decal and pinstrip removal. they attach to the end of a drill and are found at any autobody supply store, sometimes NAPA. after the removal of the decal, you may need to polish up the area with a light buffing compound or wax.

yes....great tool to use.....in the right hands. you can erase away the clear and paint right down to the metal and plastic if you are not careful.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i used WD40 and some elbow grease

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The original post has already been answered... along with gytr's post on the same experience.
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                            X