X

Remove factory graphics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that...

I might try the WD40 idea. does it change the paint color at all??? I dont want to have to repaint my bike. That would suck.
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I used brake cleaner, you know the kind in the spray can, you spray it on and it drys quick so spray some on a rag, i used microfiber towels...about 3 of them because the glues stays on them pretty well and i didn't feel like picking off the glue balls. It seemed to work well for me and there is no difference in paint just make sure what ever you use to peel them off you come back right after it done and wax the heck out of it, remember that part of the bike has never had wax on it before so if you don't it will end up fading. i used mequiers spary on wax for this part. Oh and yes the bike does look better without the stock stickers on it, Or atleast the black ones do, thats what i have.

What goes around comes around!!!

Comment

i cant get the residue off and its ticking me off. anyway thanks for the advice. ill try something new tomorrow. Thanks. goof off doesnt work nor does goo gone.!!! what a waste of money

Thanks CarolinaRebel02. Ima try that tommorrow. My bro just said the same thing.
        Last edited by STULER; 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
          i cant get the residue off and its ticking me off. anyway thanks for the advice. ill try something new tomorrow. Thanks. goof off doesnt work nor does goo gone.!!! what a waste of money

Thanks CarolinaRebel02. Ima try that tommorrow. My bro just said the same thing.

I tried everything as well... Use the wheel, much easier
          Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

huh

What is wrong with your graphics? I simply peeled mine off!!! The tiny bit of residual glue was removed with a bit of Meguiars polish.

A larger image
            Check out that shine!!!
            Mark (aka 'Bucky')
            http://buckyspalace.net
            a site for Linux, chatting, and blogging

Comment

Ever heard the expression"making a mountain out of a mole hill"? I think the new responce whenever this subject comes up again(and it comes up every few weeks from what I can see) should be"take it to a body shop and let them do it for you" cause you guys are making this whole decal removal thing WAY harder than it has to be. Makes me wanna just
              LOL
              sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
              RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
              I Miss You Pop
              2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
              BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                Ever heard the expression"making a mountain out of a mole hill"? I think the new responce whenever this subject comes up again(and it comes up every few weeks from what I can see) should be"take it to a body shop and let them do it for you" cause you guys are making this whole decal removal thing WAY harder than it has to be. Makes me wanna just
                LOL
                I took your advice and took a heat gun and pulled the decals away from the plastic. No problem there at all, I just either didn't heat them enough or the age of the decals came into play as far as the glue not coming with the decal. Took some elbow grease, but it's done now and I just have to come up with a color for the bike and wheels now. It looks ok for now, but it will be changed at some point.

Comment

I definately see the decals age coming into play on that one....glad you got it all worked out.
                  sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                  RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                  I Miss You Pop
                  2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                  BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Cut a tennis ball in half turn it inside out and rub like you have never rubbed before.... it worked for me....

Comment

Working...
                    X