X

Painting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW that is a sick looking bike.... I Like it alot
    Light travels faster than sound... Thats why some people appear very bright until they speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
      HighSpeed huh... In the Military???
      yeah been in the army for almost 8 years.

my avatar is an ice sculpture of the skull im going to have on my bike. i had the same thing with red eyes on the back of my jetta until my wife rolled it... go thing was the back window was shattered but the skull was still entirely intact.
      Last edited by Contrldkaos; 06-06-2008, 07:09 AM.

Comment

If you are doing solid colors you can do a really good job with a rattle can as long as you follow the directions on the can exactly. They are there for a reason. I did mine a couple months ago in Duplicolor Metallic black and Gunmetal gray and it came out fantastic. Make sure you prep very well. THat is the secret to any good paint job on any surface. The painting part itself is easy. Also if you are going to do your tank get the KK7 Urethane clear coat kit from Colorrite http://www.colorrite.com/product/aer...r-kit-1007.cfm and you'll be all set. You cant use anything lacquer based on the tank or any part exposed to petrol or it will get eaten through.
        Search on posts from my name and you should find some of the pics of mine done up.

Here is the post before I stripped and re-did the tank with the KK7 kit

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
        Last edited by jdumont; 06-13-2008, 01:56 PM.
        1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
        1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Originally posted by WendyKat View Post
          Some people are good with a Rat can but from what I have seen in the past, Most do not come out with a high enough gloss. Fortunately for me my husband has paint guns and supplies. Pic of His
          WOOOOOWWWWWWW that is Friggen awesome!
          Are those real bolts or just painted on? Either way that is one of the best looking bikes I've seen.

btw, if you're gonna rattlecan, follow the SweetLou writeup! It worked for me!
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
            HighSpeed huh... In the Military???
            High Speed, low drag.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
              High Speed, low drag.
              Depends really I know some soliders are highspeed and high drag. More drag then speed really
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                WOOOOOWWWWWWW that is Friggen awesome!
                Are those real bolts or just painted on? Either way that is one of the best looking bikes I've seen.

btw, if you're gonna rattlecan, follow the SweetLou writeup! It worked for me!

Its all airbrush work. The bike is for sale if you know anyone looking. Thanks for the compliment
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=006

Comment

I've heard of people doing their own painting, spending money on it and then it comes out horrible so on top of those expenses they now have to pay a professional to correct it. For some reason when it comes to motorcycles people suddenly feel this urge to channel Jesse James, haha. Treat your bike like your car.. if you would paint your car then I'd attempt to paint your bike.. otherwise just pay someone to do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X