X

aftermarket windscreen fitment pre98's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket windscreen fitment pre98's

does anyone else have a problem with the exact fitment of an aftermarket windscreen on their pre98 kat? the previous owner had some bodywork done to the bike (shaved/plugged mirror holes), but that's all that i know was done. i have a maier(sp) tinted windscreen at the moment, and there's a 1/4" gap on one side where it doesn't fit flush. i even unbolted the fairings so i could eliminate the fairings not fitting right on the bike. it still doesn't line up on both sides. one side is perfect, the other side is off. i also have a sportech windscreen that came on the bike when i bought it. the fitment on the sportech is a lil' better, but still off on that one side. anyone else have these problems?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Several things can go wrong there.
    1. mods to the fairing mean the fairing isn't bolting up to the "bird cage" right.

2. the bird cage is bent/ tweaked and pushing (or pulling) the fairing out of wack.

since you seem to have eliminated these
    (are you sure??)

Compare the two screens..
    I have a LP screen that kinda fits.. Not perfect.
    Even when the screws are all in the taper doesn't match..
    I hear alignment is the prblem with Maier stuff..

Comment

to eliminate the fairing fitment issues, i simply unbolted the side fairings and tried to align the windscreen. one side's fine, the other is off. even trying to align just that one side by itself, the groove that's cut out of the fairing still doesn't match the exact shape of either windscreen. i'm hoping the entire fairing wasn't replaced by a maier piece, that would explain alot. me and my bro will be doing a lil' repair/paint work this summer, and i'm trying to avoid having to "touch-up" the groove on the front with fiberglass...

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
      "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

It is not unheard of for a screen to be off - you may want to contact the seller and check some part #'s
        I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
        X