X

Third Eye Clearcoat Started Flaking Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Eye Clearcoat Started Flaking Off

So I accidentally left my Kat out last night in the rain. today I noticed that the clearcoat is bubbling and coming off of the "Third Eye" center plastic right above the headlight. It's only at the tops of it, almost like water had seeped into the top of it. It's already flaking off, Is there any way to fix this befor it is totally ruined?

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

u got real light wet sand then re clear this happen to my car before

Comment

Are you sure its the clear or is it part of the decal over the 3rd eye? This sounds like what my decals did on my side plastics when they started flaking off...
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

It's def clear. Like water had seeped in from the top a little bit, then all hell broke loose, causing it to dry and crack.

Comment

Probably time to repaint. Maybe you can just carefully sand and re-clear. Need one of the paint wizards to comment.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Definitely, your clearcoat has failed and your lights are getting hazy. You can polish them out, but it's not a total solution.

My local Gerber collision center will buff out a set of lights and re-clear coat for $50 for a pair of car headlights. I think they'll do a single lens for $30. They will have you come back about a week later to add the clearcoat and a second coat.

Cheers

Comment

Like said before, probably a light scuff and re clear might do the trick...otherwise sand repaint and clear.
                Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                X