X

1st Mod Complete!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Mod Complete!!

well having the bike a little over a week today i figured i would start doin some modding to it..so my first mod i completed today was the MESH MOD!!! bought some gutter guard mesh and some clear epoxy. well heres the pics....
    Attached Files

looks good, nice work buddy, cant wait to see whats to come !!!

Comment

Looks great!

**cough, warning stickers cough**

Comment

And so it begins

Looks great, what's next? the warning stickers? chopping the shovel off?
        Kyle

Comment

let me share a little note on those warning stickers.....better bring a snickers bar. if you are as unlucky as i am...the top clear plastic will separate from the sticker itself, leaving behind a super hero like bond on a plastic tag that chips. liquid bug and tar remover didnt hold a candle to the left behind adhesive. had to break out the meguiars wax/cleaner. ugh.
          "I am better than dirt..well most kinds of dirt that is. Not that fancy storebought dirt- that stuff is loaded with nutrients. No way I can compete with that stuff..."

Comment

Nicely done... Nice bike.....

Comment

nice work........cant see to whats next.......

Comment

look'n good. what's next?
                rock
                always working on mods

Comment

Originally posted by knutty
                  let me share a little note on those warning stickers.....better bring a snickers bar. if you are as unlucky as i am...the top clear plastic will separate from the sticker itself, leaving behind a super hero like bond on a plastic tag that chips. liquid bug and tar remover didnt hold a candle to the left behind adhesive. had to break out the meguiars wax/cleaner. ugh.
                  Same thing happened to me w/ one of the Katana decals when I took it off.. even w/a hair dryer, it still separated.. 2 hours later, and a FULL big bottle of goo gone, and it was history, but definatley not fun.

Mesh looks great. Those inexpensive mods are awesome and look sweet!

Comment

The clear came off of my stickers too. I used some stuff called goof-off (smells horrible, obviously a petroleum distilate) and guess what? It took the writing off the stickers! haha I had plain white stickers for about a day before I got the rest of them off.

Comment

Amatures!!!!

Don't you know Fire will remove just about ANYTHING!!!!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                        Amatures!!!!

Don't you know Fire will remove just about ANYTHING!!!!
                        or get yourself a DUFF and have him clean your stuff in your bathtub, that's what i did and have pics to prove it.

www.vwvortex.com
                        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

GR8 JOB ON THE MESH MOD !!! NOW TRY THE LED LIGHT MOD, LOL...I INSTALLED BLUE LED LIGHTS TO THE INNER SIDE OF THE MESH AND IT LOOOKS AWESOME !!! I HAVE ABOUT 30 LEDs LEFT, LET ME KNOW IF YOURE INTERESTED .
                          (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

good job on the mesh. I thought about doing that. I've seen the mesh on ebay for $10-$20 is that a good place to get it? Is there a certain kind I should look for?

Comment

That mesh mod is sweet. Good choice tripster
                              you're hooked now!!

Comment

Working...
                              X