X

Black is the fastest color

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black is the fastest color

Although I agree that black is the fastest colour =) I do have a question.
    I guess since I am preparing to paint my bike, I think I need to know which kind of black would be the fastest color.
    I think I am stuck between two choices, the typical high gloss and the flat paint featured here:
    Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

Really, I am planning on painting my bike black and just can't decide between the two.

I really like the flat look, and I think it looks faster. I had a flat job on my car one time and it was super easy to scratch... maybe it was just the pain I had on there but it got pretty scratched up. I still think it looks great though.

Comment

I say flat, more unique and modern

Comment

flat black owns

Comment

I say flat as well, that is what I am going to paint mine. If anyone knows where I can get those stickers show in the pictures it would be a big help. I have been looking for them. PM me the links if you know.
          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
          '94 Katana 600

Comment

Paint it red and forget about it
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I think the more glossy the better. I looks the best when clean.

Comment

Have the best of both worlds, come up with a nifty design using gloss & flat.
                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Well...

Gloss looks really nice when clean and polished, flat looks stealth like, cool, but it allways looks dirty.
                  Also, and strangely, glossy varnish is more resistant to damage.
                  Flat also makes the bike look smaller and it is not as much eye catchy.

Go glossy, it looks better.
                  Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                  I am fond of my rough edges.
                  sigpic

Comment

glossy all the way

Comment

i'm with Fasher on this one.... Try to get a design on there with gloss over flat...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I change my vote. Agree with a 2-tone black scheme. I have to see that!

Comment

I may have to put thought into that...
                          The belly pan gets the dirtiest so glossy down there... Hmmm if I figure something out I will post it.

Comment

Mine was an awful teal green with purple and yellow graphics when I bought it and now it looks it looks 1000000000 times better since I painted it flat black.
                            96 Katana 600
                            97 4 door Blazer LT
                            03 Honda Pilot EXL
                            sigpic

Comment

Gloss black never goes out of style.

IMO-Flats and semi-flats are a fad brought back from 50's hot rodding. Kinda reminds me of the chopper craze. Brought back just to die all over again. Although some bikes and cars look really good with it, I just see it as a here today, gone tomorrow kind of thing.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                              X