X

Purchased a seat cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porwesl View Post
    i ordered mine from impact customz out of texas. i'll tell ya how long it takes. they said 7-15 days. we'll see how long it takes.
    If it arrives within the 15 days, you should proceed directly to your nearest lottery retailer and purchase a ticket on the largest drawing possible!

The meatheads in Texas said delivery would take 5-15 BUSINESS days...they did not even ship it out until well after 21 business days. And when I asked them several times for tracking numbers, or whether they had even shipped it, I was lied to. And then when it does finally arrive, it doesn't fit well at all (I can make it work but at the price they are charging, I should be able to paint it and go). To top it all off, the ebay listing says velcro straps to hold the part on the seat.... It's four useless metal tabs that you will break while trying to get them wrapped around the seat pan. On top of all this, they leave me negative feedback on ebay? (item #310032977621)

All I can say people is check out the feedback on Impact Customs before you buy anything from them. 25% negative in the last month...tells you something right there doesn't it.

OK end of rant.

OH and please don't anyone tell me that it could be worse and I could be waiting over a year for a Braada...I know better and that's why I took the risk on this one.
    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

The curse of the katana cowls.

Comment

I agree with the other's,match the paint
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Keep it junk yard style.. all different colors

For real just get some car paint at auto zone and match it like that. you can't totally mess up black!.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
            meh, just go neon pink.... make it really stand out

That'd be...er...eye-catching!

High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

It might be best to jsut rattle can the cowl, even if you just do flat or matte black. Look at it this way, if it HAS to be painted, you might as well waste $5 on a can and try that, it not, take it to the shop. It's not like they won't be able to prep it or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                I know better and that's why I took the risk on this one.

Thats pretty much what im doing, taking a risk to try and get one quicker. I'll keep you all posted, and hopefully mine works a little better than yours Spud.
                "W"

Comment

Working...
                X