X

where to find new plastic for kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find new plastic for kat

I have a 2000 gsx600f kat and I need the left side plastic. Can some one point me in the right direction to buy. I have look all over ebay and no luck. Thanks in advance.

I have a red bike would it be cheaper to buy one the right color or just buy any color and have it painted? And thank you for the help.

Comment

Even if you find a red fairing the color wont look exactly the same as your bike
      "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Cheaper to buy a junk one, repair it, and then repaint the whole bike yourself.

If your current fairing is broken, repair and repaint that.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Dennis Kirk has body parts in stock
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
            Dennis Kirk has body parts in stock
            At over $300 an upper, who can afford it!
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
              At over $300 an upper, who can afford it!
              you have to look at that another way. he has a red bike. that fairing on ebay is black. that fairing on ebay will go for at least $100, I would think. then you have shipping. so say final cost is $120-150. Then you are looking at paint. to do it right.....and by right I mean no rattle can job. sorry, but imho, rattle canning a bike is inferior, plain and simple, unless you are will to really put the clear to it. either way, plan on $100 in materials. then the time has to be calculated. even if you do it yourself, isn't your time worth something?

so, sometimes it is just as "cheap" to buy a factory one. ron ayers has them for $302.00.
              Buying and redoing an used one can sometimes be just as expensive.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

thank you

Thank you all for the help. I have decided to buy new. If it paint doesnt match up I will just have to buy all the plastic.

Comment

why buy all new just go with a custom paint

Comment

There are good rattle can paints out there, and it can be done well with a rattle can, if you are committed to the prep, and to the finishing.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I believe in going new on the 98+ if you're going stock colors anyway -- esp. if you still have a repairable fairing to sell to help subsidize the cost...
                      But beware: the paint may not be a perfect match even new, because the other parts on the bike have seen years of sun, while the new piece from the warehouse hasn't. Certain colors tend to show this difference more than others (i.e. - red shows it more than blue because the human eye sees differences in reds better).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

See what this guy has left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...244167641&rd=1
                        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

you need right side tail as well I have one but its blue
                          02' Katana 600
                          D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Working...
                          X