X

Damn!! First Scatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn!! First Scatch

Stupid me....one of the reasons I bought my 2000 750 a couple weeks ago, was the plastics and rest were pristine....not anymore. I must of nicked the fairing on something in the garage and now have a 3 inch digger about mid-ship on the right side.

Question - can you buy plastic touch up paint to match original Suzuki colors? I'm sure it won't be perfect, but better than the deep white scratch.

Thanks
    1999 220 KDX
    2003 450 KTM
    2003 Softail Std
    2000 Katana 750
    2004 ZZR1200

Yes, I do believe you can. Check this out...
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Comment

That is a bummer.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys - checked both those websites, they dont seem thave an exact match. I will check Suzuki.

One question - Is it specific "plastic" paint to adhere to the fairing?

Thx
          1999 220 KDX
          2003 450 KTM
          2003 Softail Std
          2000 Katana 750
          2004 ZZR1200

Comment

just go to your local body shop and have them take a picture of your paint with their "special camera" and they'll mix the color up for you. I think mine cost like $7 for like a pill bottle sized container.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat 4 Life View Post
              just go to your local body shop and have them take a picture of your paint with their "special camera" and they'll mix the color up for you. I think mine cost like $7 for like a pill bottle sized container.
              Ohh thats kewl....so since it's older the paint has faded from the sun...So u keep faded touch up paint soo i blend perfectly

Nice...I didn't know they could do that

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

nice - but again, do you need special paint to adhere to plastic? (or whatever the fairing is made of?)
                1999 220 KDX
                2003 450 KTM
                2003 Softail Std
                2000 Katana 750
                2004 ZZR1200

Comment

Originally posted by hinmo View Post
                  nice - but again, do you need special paint to adhere to plastic? (or whatever the fairing is made of?)
                  I was just given regular car paint and it's still on the bike. For a little scratch you shouldn't have any problems. Just clean the area well.

Comment

Working...
                  X