X

Mesh Mod...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh Mod...

WOW.. I don't want to do that again.. You can see in one photo the sealer is showing from angle.. Probably going to use touch up car paint with a brush and paint the glue black.. Those little pieces were a PITA!

BIG thanks to Sasquatch for powder coating the pieces and mailing them to me!

Looks awesome bro..cant wait to do mine..
    “What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Originally posted by Rushfan View Post
      Looks awesome bro..cant wait to do mine..
      Your in for a treat.. This mod is not fun! The smaller pieces at the back of fairing are a pita to seat.. Theres not a lot of room.. I had to use 4 tubes of sealer to coat the edges, then put a weight on each one to hold it down for the glue to set..

Comment

Looks great

Comment

looks bad arse! I wanna mesh mine but I'm too tardy to get the fairings back on once they're off lol what did ya use for glue? a liquid nails type goop or an epoxy?

Comment

I soooo wanna do that, but I absolutely hate taking the plastics off unless I really have to. Looks good...a little touch up paint and it'll be fine .. Good idea on the black mesh!
            2005 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah I didn't take a chance with mine. I layed a old sprocket on one of the mesh and like a gallon of water on another LOL wateva I could find heavy and flat.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Looks great Storm! That black on black does the trick!
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by amandabear View Post
                  looks bad arse! I wanna mesh mine but I'm too tardy to get the fairings back on once they're off lol what did ya use for glue? a liquid nails type goop or an epoxy?
                  I used High Temp Red Silicon Gasket Sealer from the parts store.. You could probably use epoxy.. I thought bout that after I got it on..

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                  Yeah I didn't take a chance with mine. I layed a old sprocket on one of the mesh and like a gallon of water on another LOL wateva I could find heavy and flat.
                  LOL.. I used my old Surround Sound speaker bases.. They are heavy as heck..

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                  Looks great Storm! That black on black does the trick!
                  I owe it all to you They came out AWESOME!

Comment

Good job on the mod,looks nice.

Comment

An easy way to glue the pieces on are with something called liquid steel. Thats what I did mine with when I had the kan-o-tuna and it held great. I saw a buddy try to use silicon and it was very messy and didn't hold well.
                      Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                        An easy way to glue the pieces on are with something called liquid steel. Thats what I did mine with when I had the kan-o-tuna and it held great. I saw a buddy try to use silicon and it was very messy and didn't hold well.
                        I had a total opposite results. I use liquids nails first and it suxed. It Dont cure fast very messy. I found using jb welb to get the mesh to hold and Red Rtv High temp to make a secure bond is the best way. I tryed liquid nails first. I dislike the result so bad. I remove the mesh throw that set a way clean all the liquid nails off and remade all the mesh and repainted and reapply it the way I stated above.

I work on Airplane for a living we use red Rtv for all our door seals.
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                          I had a total opposite results. I use liquids nails first and it suxed. It Dont cure fast very messy. I found using jb welb to get the mesh to hold and Red Rtv High temp to make a secure bond is the best way. I tryed liquid nails first. I dislike the result so bad. I remove the mesh throw that set a way clean all the liquid nails off and remade all the mesh and repainted and reapply it the way I stated above.

I work on Airplane for a living we use red Rtv for all our door seals.
                          Liquid Steel and Liquid Nail are 2 completely different things
                          Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

I used some high temp stuff from WalMart & Home Depot to hold mine.

Seems like I recall a member actually using velcro, so the mesh could easily be removed for repairs.

As for holding the mesh in place while the glue dries, I used canned goods. Worked like a charm.
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

The Black looks good on your bike.

I used clear epoxy when I did mine. Wasn't hard at all. After taking the plastics off, just had to cut the mesh a bit bigger than the opening, then bent, shaped, and snipped the ends to perfection. Used a brick to hold the mesh in place, then glued with epoxy and let dry.
                              Looking good is understood!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X