X

spray-painted bike pics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spray-painted bike pics?

i'm looking to paint my bike, but i can't afford the paint right now. so i'm thinking of going the canned spray-paint route. the gf says no, that'll make it look cheap. if anyone here has any pics of their bike painted with canned spray paint, could you please post 'em up?? tia

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

check out lous how to paint section the pics of the mirage paint is from a can. As long as you buy good stuff and do it right it should come out ok... probbly no thte best but ok..
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I'm amazed with the results I got and
      I'm not close to being finished..

It won't looks like a $500 paint job,,
      but that's because it isn't!

Comment

I would agree with you gf, save your money up and wait until you can buy the paint...

Comment

You can get a very good finish with a spray can, but you have to put the same amount of work into the prep and post-spray work that you do with a traditional paint job.

Most rattle can paints are far from fuel resistant, though. You have to be very careful at gas stops or you'll end up repainting your tank.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

yeah if your going to go the spray can route then buy good stuff...i would deffeinitly look at the sticky post on how to paint......but don't skimp on the prep work.......

Comment

some guy here painted his 98+ kat a chameleon color. it was really nice. didnt look cheap at all. too bad i deleted that pic yesterday errr

*EDIT* i found it in my recycle bin...here you go...all spray paint i believe

i hope the owner of this bike does not mind me posting this pic. if so, please PM me and i will gladly delete
              Hello World.

Comment

Here's another one for ya...

Just painted 2 weeks ago...

This ia the wifes bike and she thinks it turned out pretty good. She should, she picked the color and did all the prep work for me to paint it.

Comment

^^ Sweet Ride!

Comment

The above is right on - your paint job is only as good as your prep work and technique will allow.

Bear in mind, you need to sand, prep, prime, sand, paint, color sand, clear, sand - even when just doing a rattle can job.

Find a local paint shop and talk to them - do all your prep yourself, take the parts in off the bike and see when they have a big job. If you are not picky about color, you may be able to get them to shoot your pieces with some extra for a minimal amount.
                    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

You should spray it then get some of that clear coat stuff and that should really shine it up...kind of like a semi-gloss.
                      "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

WHOA. The KAT looks GREAT in mirage!!!!!

"thinks to self....do I really like the factory blue.....?"
                        "yes, but mirage red/blue would look good too....."
                        "hmmm............................................. .............."
                        I am seriously considering a new rattle-can paint job.
                        My sig is boring.

Comment

is there a protective clear coat that i can purchase that's resistant to gasoline? my brother is going to help me with the prep work. i have some cracks and a bad indention where the prev owner layed the bike down. and i want to shave off some brackets from the rear fairings as well. now that i have alot of time on my hands, maybe i can get some stuff done thanks for the pics, everything looks awesome so far, keep 'em comin!

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                          "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                            some guy here painted his 98+ kat a chameleon color. it was really nice. didnt look cheap at all. too bad i deleted that pic yesterday errr

*EDIT* i found it in my recycle bin...here you go...all spray paint i believe

i hope the owner of this bike does not mind me posting this pic. if so, please PM me and i will gladly delete
                            that is the same color as my sisters 91 600 cbr she baught, looked pretty good but the kid did a crappy job so up closei t looked like doodie, but take your time do it right and ill be fine

Comment

wet sanding is important to get the gloss you're looking to achieve when spray painting. all the clearcoat in the world wont get that mirror finish we all love so much. am i right?
                              Hello World.

Comment

Working...
                              X