X

pre-98 mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-98 mirrors

Does anyone think that the pre-98 mirrors on the kats are terrible? The vibration kills my ability to see and they break very easily. I am trying to figure out a way of putting on different mirrors. Does anyone know which mirrors would fit on a pre-98 kat besides the stock mirrors. If there aren't any I am going to fabricate some mirrors because it is getting ridiculous riding with them.
    1989 Suzuki Katana 750

you drill modifiy the mounting holes and use the 98+ mirrors. I did that and I believe that May Katana of the month, Bearkat has them also. Lockhart Phillips makes a set of universal mirrors that have turn signals built in, do a search, this topic has been discussed before.

Comment

You don't need to be able to read the plates of cars behind you , do you ? I have no problem with mine . Maybe try putting something between the base of the mirror and the plastic . I lost the little rubber thingies , so I put several layers of electrical tape there to help a bit ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My opinion is the are ugly...don't like the Toro look...they function fine and I agree with md86...you only need to see something is there...I'm in the midst of modifying 2003 GSXR mirrors to see if they will work...I like the look of them...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

yea i got the 98+ ones on mine and they work alot better.

Comment

Did you have to modify anything , or was that a direct bolt-on ? I know it's been discussed before , I just forgot ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

no MD you have to drill a hole in the fairing, the bolt holes don't line up, but it's real simple

Comment

To keep from modifying my fairing and metal foundation...I modified the mirrors (drill matching holes in the metal base of it)

IMO, it saves the value of the bike.

Comment

Working...
                X