X

Anyone used ColorRite KK7 clearcoat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used ColorRite KK7 clearcoat?

Ill prob be ordering this tonight. Its a two part urethane, which is what the tank must be coated with for chemical (fuel) resistance.
    They say one kit @ $35.00ish is all I will need to correctly do my tank and that two coats is what to shoot for. Anymore than than and you risk not allowing the previous coat(s) to dry properly.

Been emailing them questions back and forth today. Uri is knowledgeable and quick to reply.

Here is the link to their stuff... http://www.colorrite.com/product_inf...91f3ace0d451ee
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

If it's the same stuff I used last year, it's great... just don't plan on being able to save anything left over after you spray that day. I had a paint can with activated clear coat in it... and it got solid over the course of just a few months.....
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yea it seems like its gonna be good stuff. I would have thought it would harden after a week or so. Its a two part mix so the catalyst will get it nice and hard. Just ordered it, cant wait to get it in.

One thing they did tell me after I asked was that since my base coat has been done for over a week now that ill have to rough it up and spray another coat of base on there to avoid any adhesion issues with their clear and a now hardened base coat.
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

I got 2 light 1 medium coat from a 12oz Dupli-Color clear spray can.
        sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

For your gas tank? Im pretty sure thats a no no. All the Duplicolor clear cans I could find are lacquer based which petrol will eat through... Thats why youre supposed to use urethane.

Comment

Originally posted by jdumont View Post
            For your gas tank? Im pretty sure thats a no no. All the Duplicolor clear cans I could find are lacquer based which petrol will eat through... Thats why youre supposed to use urethane.
            I used an acrylic enamel clear on my paintjob.
            Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
            sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Working...
            X