No announcement yet.
X

Almost done with rattle can job PICS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done with rattle can job PICS!!!

Just about done with a ton of work ive done on the Kat in the last few weeks. These pics show the plastics that I stripped and painted and the fender chop i did using the brkt i made myself. I also stripped down another tank and repainted it but its not cleared yet so its not on the bike but you get the point. The belly pan used to match the rims but I liked the gunmetal idea better. Ill prob do the lower rear plastics to match the pan eventually...

Fender CHOP!

Josh
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Nice Kat!

Looks like you got a nice playground for the little ones too.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

Good job! like how fender chop turned out,i have 06 and will fab something like yours.

Comment

Your garage looks a little small!

Comment

HA! Yea, its tough working in the garage in the cold weather. That mesh netting doesnt keep the wind out well!!!

FYI, if youre chopping your fender beware of dripping molten plastic... it'll get ya! The day after the blister fell/wore off and I was left with a nice crater in my finger. WOOHOO!

1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Paint job

Nice paint job for a do it yourselfer! What paint did you use? I plan to rattle can one of my kats this summer when its good and hot out.

Comment

Hey thanks! 3 coats Duplicolor filler primer, wet sand w/ 400 grit, 5 coats T120 black metallic, at least 5 or 6 coats of clear. Takes a lot of time and work but its def worth it. Belly pan is gunmetal gray metallic.

I still need to wet sand all the plastics and buff out to remove orange peel. No rush on that though.

Comment

Looks good man... rattle-cans work well!
                -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Working...
                X