X

Creese Bracket Installation!??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creese Bracket Installation!??

I bought a Creese bracket for my 05 750 Kat from Special K. I am going to try to install it tomorrow. Are there any tools or parts that I will need? I haven't looked at the bike yet. Does the bracket bolt up to the manufacturers bolts, or do I need to drill them? Also. should I take the rear moldings of to do this? I did look through the forum and saw the installation instructions and pics for the 02 Kat. I wasn't sure if it would be the same since I am using a different bracket and I have the new rear end. Thanks everyone!

If you havent taken off the shovel yet, you may want to loosen the rear fairing so you get more of a clean cut line and then you can mount the bracket without any excess fender sticking out from under the fairings.

Comment

I just cut the shovel off today. I tried to put the Creese bracket on that I got from Special K but it wasn't wide enough. I have an 05 750 Katana. I figure if I put a longer bolt on both sides and use washers or spcers then I can get it to fit. As for now I am only using one bolt. Anything else that I should do?

Comment

Where are you mounting the bracket at ? Seems odd that it isnt wide enuff. Using washers will also normally help sure up the stability of the bracket as well.

Comment

1Take off your seat.

2.After cutting the shovel off, position the bracket as to where you think it looks best.

3.Then drill 2 holes up under the tail where you want the bracket.

4.Use 2 bolts, 2 washers and 2 locknuts to secure the bracket

5.Secure the turn signals to the side of the bracket with the existing hardware.

6.Put your plate on.

7.Put your seat on.

That's what I did with my '03 and it looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by katlover
            I just cut the shovel off today. I tried to put the Creese bracket on that I got from Special K but it wasn't wide enough. I have an 05 750 Katana. I figure if I put a longer bolt on both sides and use washers or spcers then I can get it to fit. As for now I am only using one bolt. Anything else that I should do?
            Did you cut the ENTIRE shovel off? Turn signals and all? The turns will mount to your Creese.

I'm not sure what you mean by only using one bolt... there's 2 mounting holes on the bracket so I'd be using 2 bolts. See my post above. 8)

Comment

I cut the turn signals off. I have an integrated taillight. I'll take pics today of what I am talking about and TRY to put them in this post. I was under the impression that with the Creese bracket I don't need to drill holes. If I do then fine, actually even better, I could stick it farther back under there. I'll have pics later. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by katlover
                I cut the turn signals off. I have an integrated taillight. I'll take pics today of what I am talking about and TRY to put them in this post. I was under the impression that with the Creese bracket I don't need to drill holes. If I do then fine, actually even better, I could stick it farther back under there. I'll have pics later. Thanks
                Not sure what others have done but I drilled holes. Pretty sure the bracket won't line up with anything pre-drilled, but I could be wrong.

Be sure to post the pics!! 8)

Comment

Here is what I have. Should I just get longer bolts and use spacers or washers or should i drill holes? I prefer not to drill yet. But I will if needed. Will Longer bolts and spacers work ok?

Comment

you have it mounted upside down, the holes you are using to mount it are for the turn signals, and the License-plate is attached via the two slits which are mostly horizontal but angle up from the center.

Comment

yeah, that would explain pretty everything you're having issues with .

Comment

Working...
                      X