X

bike fell on driveway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike fell on driveway

So tonight after riding I'm getting a chickalob light from the fridge and I hear a crash...~yipes~:-S Yep, there she was...laying on the driveway..a stucko pillar broke her fall. So now my left fairing is scratched deep and cracked by the light and the 3rd eye fairing is scratched too. I can do nails but I can't do fairings( Is this gonna cost a lot?
    Attached Files

that's a pretty scratch....

it adds character to your bike...

'battle scars' we call 'em...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

i'm feeling you man. mine went down on the weekend. front wheel slipped out from under me when i braked on some gravel. i got away a bit luckier than you did. just a tiny scratch on the right fairing, and some scratches on the headlight (from the car in front's bumper). but hopefully those can be polished out at the windscreen installer place. but it sux. i was pi$$ed!

good luck with getting it fixed. i'm guessing buy new fairing.

Comment

Mine got blown over at a chinese restaurant; and, another time, I pushed it over by accident... trashed a mirror and had a nice scabby scrape on the lower part of the right fairing. Nothing cracked though, thankfully.

Cracks and scrapes are no biggie. If you can't do it, fish around KR for someone close to you who knows how to plastic weld. Ya never know - hell, me and a buddy went to the Philly area to help a KR get his jetting sorted out (man, I paid hell for that from my wife).

And, no matter whether you get a new fairing or fix the old - prolly gonna have to paint.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

thats a beauty mark. I have a few also.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I still have my battle scar's from when I highsided. A new fairing is not cheap (figure $370-430), so I just leave mine as is.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
              thats a beauty mark. I have a few also.
              heh for an ugly girl thats a beauty mark, and my girl aint ugly hence no beauty marks, *knock on wood*

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

was reading through the posts and was sitting here wondering when someone was going to actually answer her question....good job sasquatch...lol

Comment

I'm sorry, Amandabear. The new fairings are between $350 to $425, and they aren't painted.

I exited at 65mph from my 2006 750 in October and lost a right turn indicator up front and got three long scratches-to-holes in the right fairing.

Ever use a Dremel tool? They're fun and easy. I cut out the scratches, shaped the cut-outs to fit the contour of the bike (very, very easy) and then covered the openings from the back with chrome wire mesh. And now I'm thinking about doing the perfect left fairing the same way because it looks cool. Just an under-$25-fix that looks quite groovy. Again, sorry to hear of the scrape.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    I'm sorry, Amandabear. The new fairings are between $350 to $425, and they aren't painted.

I exited at 65mph from my 2006 750 in October and lost a right turn indicator up front and got three long scratches-to-holes in the right fairing.

Ever use a Dremel tool? They're fun and easy. I cut out the scratches, shaped the cut-outs to fit the contour of the bike (very, very easy) and then covered the openings from the back with chrome wire mesh. And now I'm thinking about doing the perfect left fairing the same way because it looks cool. Just an under-$25-fix that looks quite groovy. Again, sorry to hear of the scrape.
                    where did you price the fairings? I'm not sure how much they are, but the suzuki dealership says they come factory painted. I order gsx-r fairings last year and they came factory painted.

here is a site, fairing is $369 for side, and $48 for upper and come already painted
                    Last edited by Mat0302; 04-24-2008, 08:24 AM.
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

It was back in October and from a website that I don't recall (apparently I googled "replacement katana fairing). They offered primed, but not painted fairings. I didn't check with Suzuki, because I live in a remote area and the dealership is nearly 100 miles away. I had a "mental price limit" of $300. Thanks for the update though, not that I plan to take it on a slide trip again. In that event, I'll check with the dealership. Thanks again.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

When all else fails, eBay. I see good plastics out there all the time. You could buy new/used ones, then resell yours.....It's a thought.
                        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

ditto on the suzuki factory painted plastics.

After purchasing a 2002 bandit, I replaced the left side fairing as the previous owner dropped it. It came painted and with the decal installed. Perfect fit and color match was excellent. Paid 255$ CDN +tx. I'd suspect the Katana fairings are more costly depending on the size. Bikebandit.com is useful for getting approx prices of OEM. I like a clean bike, I would replace/repair. Good luck.
                          2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by amandabear View Post
                            I can do nails but I can't do fairings( Is this gonna cost a lot?
                            I bet you can do it if you can do nails. Don't sell yourself short. The hardest part would be taking the fairing off to glue it back. All you have to do is plastic weld that crack (much like adding fake nails), and use touch up paint with a brush to touch up the scratches (just like painting nails) After that, wet sand over the touchup paint with 2000 grit sandpaper (like filing your nails.) Next, buff it out with some light buffing compound (like using one of those buffing wheels in the nail salon)

After that, wash and wax... good to go! There will minor evidence of the scratches, but won't look too bad.

As far as the cost of having someone else do it, I haven't a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                              Ya never know - hell, me and a buddy went to the Philly area to help a KR get his jetting sorted out (man, I paid hell for that from my wife).
                              So when I get mine jetted you can come out and help me?????? I will give ya a bottle of wine or something for the wife.....
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X