X

Check it out...(big pictures)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
    buying the same brand clear shouldn't give you any problems...
    Right.. I was "scared" of clear coat.. But it's really easy and will make the color "pop".. Night and day..

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
      How did you manage to get the star cutout? I'm in the process of painting, and am interested in possibly doing some kind of graphic, although not a star.
      I was out at my parents place looking for ideas when my mom suggested using some contact paper that she uses when sewing. It's a clear semi-stick plastic paper stuff that seemed to work pretty well. I only used enough of it to outline the start/circle. Then I used regular painting tape, and taped some drop cloth to the design to cover the rest of the bike.

The before and after pictures-->

This is prior to the pre-coat... I just couldn't help myself and wanted to see what it'd look like... BANGERANG RUFIO!
      Last edited by shadowhunter04; 04-25-2008, 03:01 PM.
      -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Wicked sharp looking!
        Great job

Comment

Looks good!
          sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Kind of matches with my helmet (KBC Top Gun) or the airborne one from KBC
            Attached Files
            "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I love the circle/star. Beautifully done. I am going to have to look into that. Was there a name on that light adhesive contact papr that you used so I can do some more research?

Comment

looks good. The first time I painted my bike, i used the can too.
                eazy1100

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                  Was there a name on that light adhesive contact papr that you used so I can do some more research?
                  I don't believe that there is a specific brand that needs to be used. The contact paper that I used was the stuff you can use to line your shelves or drawers. In this case though, my mom was using it to trace a pattern on some fabric.

Here's an example of what I used though...
                  http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=family
                  -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

Working...
                  X