Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Did you replace the grommit after painting??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you replace the grommit after painting??

Just wondering if anyone bothered to replace the trim grommit after they painted their plastics. I was going to but then id rather not spend the cash if its not necessary.

If everything is tighten correctly do you get any rattling or anything or do it just look better with it on their?
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

are you talking about the black strips that connect the the fairing right below the gas tank?

If you are I took mine off when i got the bike, i think it looks stupid and i havnt had any rattling.

Comment

Yea the edge trim that runs the top length of all four plastics and some on the instrument bezel as well.

Ill just wait and see how it looks i guess when i reassemble. Easy enough to get on after the fact.
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

I didn't even have it on my bike to begin with.
        sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

I put the originals back on. As lont as they arent falling apart or tore in two they should be fine to put back on. Maybe just use a little dab of weather striping glue if they dont stay on though.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Mine ripped in half on the parts bike and the good bike. Ill prob order them but ride anyways. Thats one of those things no one would notice but myself or a fellow Kat owner anyways.

Comment

well you probably need the one by the gagues, but the one on the side under the tank are useless.

Comment

Ones on the gauges are still intact and stuck to the bezel. Only ones that are on the body broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                  well you probably need the one by the gagues, but the one on the side under the tank are useless.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X