X

I hate sanding! - NSFK/NSFW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate sanding! - NSFK/NSFW

OK. I just need to vent. I'm working on sanding the Kat-tastrophe, and I realized after about a half hour that I hate F'ing sanding. Plus, my arms are worn out already. I think I should have spent more time spanking the monkey in my younger days to prepare for this.

What I need is some douche karate kid wannbe....

"dumbass karate kid, show me sand katana!"
    "...sand left, sand right, breathe in, breathe out..."

Oh, by the way, did I mention I hate sanding!

sanding

Ok, rant over.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Shall we start a club of sanding haters ??? I'm in !!!
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

You've never worked with wood, have you? I've done plenty of wood projects. I love hand sanding. In my opinion, it gives a much nicer finish. That being said, sanding the curves of the fairings does suck. Luckily, all the sanding I did on wood makes it not so bad. My fingers do start to cramp, though.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Just keep thinking about what the final product will look like and its all gonna be worth it. Specially when your paint doesn't blow off when you wash your bike.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I used to hate it too until I learned how to do it the easy way - now I don't mind so much.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Get one of those 3m pads you put on your cordless drill and that will do the bulk of the work.... or stop being such a sissy! JK LOL
              I know your pain, i just did mine last week...

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
              1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
              1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Originally posted by jdumont View Post
                Get one of those 3m pads you put on your cordless drill and that will do the bulk of the work.... or stop being such a sissy! JK LOL
                I know your pain, i just did mine last week...

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=81386
                Uhh what 3m pad that can go on the cordless drill? I've been using elbow grease for the whole thing. If there is an easier way, please tell me!!!!!

Sincerely,
                guy with girly-man arms
                -
                -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

elbow grease is the easiest way to get it perfect and not screw it up. just my opinion. but there are pnuematic sanders and pwr tools that do the job also.
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

you can purchase a random orbital sander at Sears for $40-80 with disks. that's the way to fly, IMO

keep it clean then return it when done
                    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                      I think I should have spent more time spanking the monkey in my younger days to prepare for this.
                      Originally posted by brooder View Post
                      You've never worked with wood, have you? I've done plenty of wood projects.

sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
                      A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                        You've never worked with wood, have you? I've done plenty of wood projects. I love hand sanding. In my opinion, it gives a much nicer finish.
                        You want a nice finish? Try scraping. comes out like glass. I don't mind hand sanding little box's and such, but bigger projects, go beyond the relaxation part, and border on insanity. I have a pretty good setup for sanding though. Random orbit, hooked to a small shark vacuum. I wear it over my shoulder (like a purse, or european carry-all) and the hose hooks into the back of the sander. No dust at all. I even got away with sanding my workbench in the living room on the area rug

Comment

is it weird that i love sanding?
                          could explain my oh-so-strong pipes... *flexes...kisses biceps*
                          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                            you can purchase a random orbital sander at Sears for $40-80 with disks. that's the way to fly, IMO

keep it clean then return it when done
                            Not sure I'd use a powered sander on the fairings. The surface is too irregular. If I was going to try it, the best bet would be to use one of the B&D 3D sanders.
                            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                            -Terence

Comment

this is why I sandblast my parts. just shoot with epoxy primer afterwards and the sanding is cake.

FYI.....I would not suggest using any kind of orbital sander or anything even close to that. 10 to 1 odds that if you do, you will have all kinds of swirls in your finished job. part of a quality job is taking the time to hand sand so that it doesn't happen.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X