X

not bad for a rattle can job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not bad for a rattle can job

hey all. Finally got the ol kat painted up. had to cheap out and go with rattle cans but it came out pretty good. just waiting til monday and I'm gonna go into town to see what they have for clear coat that I can put on it to make it a ltittle stronger but I'm impressed with how it came out. used duplicolor vinyl pint on the seat. pretty impressed at how it came out. dunno how long it'll last but looks good for now

first couple pics are how it was when I got it, then the work I did to fix around the mirrors then the final product

had to take the pics with the cell phone cuz my camera hit the floor while workin on it so sorry for the quality but let me know what you think.
    Attached Files

not bad, looks good

Comment

Not to shabby;my friend.
      1986 bf 323
      1990 zuk gs5
      2002 mitsu galant

Comment

What did you use for a clear coat? Looks good just wondering

Comment

haven't got one on right now. gonna be picking one up at a local paint shop monday but it looks pretty good as is.

Comment

I really like the looks of your bike! Your color choices were superb! Really nice!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

thanks i seen someone on here with pretty much the same thing and decided to use it.
              thinkin bout gettin some katana, gsx and 600f decals for it too.

Comment

LOL I love the boo-boo kitty in the background of the third pic staring sadly at the busted up bodywork. Great cinematography mate.
                If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

I never even noticed it when i posted it lol

Comment

very nice job with the rattle-canning!
                    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

what did you use to repair the plastics?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

well I used epoxy on all of the cracks then over the parts that were missing I put a layer of fiber glass matting then smothened it all over with spot putty. probably not a long lasting fix but since I'm new to biking I just wanted a cheap fix that'll last a couple seasons before I go and replace the fairings

Comment

New paint Job

Hey that came out real nice for spray cans. what brand of paint did you use? Keep Up the good work!

Comment

it's just motomaster (canadian tire store brand) just the cheap stuff but I'm impressed with how it came out

Comment

ya done good...looks badazz
                              "set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul":mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                              X