X

Painted Sprocket???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Sprocket???

Anybody painted thier rear sprocket? Just wondering how long it lasted. Im gettin ready to put my bike in a show and I'm gonna paint the swing arm and stuff. Just wondering.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

I have a tri metal Sidewinder, I'm not about to paint that. Oh, I wouldn't "paint" the swing arm, I'm having that powder coated. To answer your question, I really don't have a clue, I could see it maybe lasting around the block

Comment

yeah thats what I figured. Im painting the swingarm the same color as the base color of my bike.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I'd worry about painting that. Powder coat is a lot more durable and a ton of road debris hits the swing arm.

Comment

just leave enough edge around the outside of it unpainted so the chain doesn't wear the paint off and cause further stress cracking. If you use a good high solids clear when you paint your swingarm, which I am sure you will, you should be fine there as well. Just don't get super upset if you get a nick or two in it because you actually ride your custom bike....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I think the sprocket will be too greasy. Maybe you can clean it good enough to be painted. powdercoating would be best for the sporcket, but then again you might as well buy a new sprocket.

When I paint all my stuff, I looked for a durable paint that I hope would last a little longer, but no doubt, powdercoating is the best way to go for the end result.

as for arsenic, he keeps talking about powdercoating his bike parts, but I don't know whats taking him so long!!!
            haha j/k with ya
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

money dude, I have a bucnh of money in parts. Parts are what I'm doing right now. If you wanna give me like $1000 that will take care of the rest of the parts. Galfer front rotors and one more Ron Ayers order, and a bunch of Pro-Bolt stuff from www.tastynuts.com. I'm bringing all my stuff to Sasquatch at the rally in July. If you wanna Powder Coat my frame for free I'd be down

Comment

yeah, I feel ya there. I would probably have a bored out bandit motor by now. I know you have been working on it for a while, maybe one of these days it will all come together.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Yeah Im gonna use a good strong clear. I was gonna powder coat it but thought Maybe try the same color as the bike. If it chips up pretty badly I'll end up powdercoating it anyway. And yeah I ride my bike. It already needs another power polish and the season has barely started. Thanks for your input guys.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                  X