X

Front Fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fender

I have painted 2 kats now and on both of them the back of the front fender was melted and deformed is this normal?? what can i do to stop it (if anything)?? and should i even bother worrying about it?? my biggest worry is that the plastic will melt and push agenst the tire an then if something happens and i get a flat at any speed or i get something in my tire that i will crack and or tare the fender (not likely but its possible)

it is not normal. something is wrong with the setup. The fender should not melt. Nor have I seen this as a common problem.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

is it the stock fender? how close is the rear end of the fender to the exhaust?
      1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

its all stock an i am unsure of the clearance i just sent the parts out for paint last week but it was not close and also the inner pieces of the front fearing were waived two (i hope thats a good enough of a description) i was gunna try an make the bike breath better...i figure that the last guy musta let it idle alot or something but i do ride hard so the engine gets hot and its usuley stop and go traffic to get from point A to ride place

Comment

you have something seriously wrong if all of the plastics are melting. have you got any pics of the bike at all?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

ya but nothing with the damage in it i can snap some with the plastics off an i can upload some with the plastics on

this is the best pic i got

sorry its too big to upload send me an e-mail at [email protected] an ill show ya them
            Last edited by 88' 600; 03-23-2008, 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here ya go.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

thanks for posting the pic for me Astro

Comment

including the 2 that you have experienced. I have heard of this happening 2 times.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

sweet im one of a kind...both bikes that it happened to are up there

Comment

I've got the same thing on my 95 600. Kinda annoying since it was'nt like that when I picked it up. Noticed it the next day.

Comment

My 96 600 had the same issue when I bought it. I immediately replaced the fender and never saw anymore sighs of melting
                        This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                        BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

something has to be causing it to run really lean to cause that kind of heat. If it's running that lean, how does it even run right

Comment

You might be on to something there Chris. My bike had been serviced just before I purchased it, and I had it serviced while I owned it. So it's very possible there could have been an issue that was repaired before I took ownership.
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Are these plastics still waved/melted?
                              1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                              1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                              1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

Working...
                              X