X

exhaust info for those shopping....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust info for those shopping....

This is just some info for those about to buy a new exhaust for their kat...

On my 01 Kat 600 I went with a Wileyco Carbon slip on. A lot of people were turned on to it when we discussed it on KP. It was a great pipe. It mounted in about the same position as the stock and has a real loud whine. Overall, I was very happy with the quality of the can and the sound. Note...it had a definite whine when you got on it. The kit was basic and the midpipe was unpolished stainless...i painted mine with 1200 degree black paint with ceramic.

I just installed a Two Brothers Racing titanium pipe this weekend. First let me say that the kit is top notch. The midpipe is polished to a high mirror finish and the the spring retainers for the can are a very nice touch. The Wileyco has a flange from the midpipe to the can with 4 bolts. The can mounts very high and tight to the bike. It tucks in under the stock rear signals and is only about 1/2 inch off of the stock mud thing-a-ma-jigger in the back (before the sawzalling happens...). Then we have the sound....VERY VERY VERY throaty...VERY VERY VERY throaty... At higher RPMs it continues that deep sound and never quite hits that whine of the Wileyco. I have to say that I really prefer it. It is not annoying on long rides yet lets everyone know right where you are.

The Wileyco was half the price of the TBR but in my opinion the TBR was worth it. Installation of the Wileyco is a breeze with the toughest part being the fact that you have to remove 1 whole nut from the stock center stand. The TBR requires you to remove the rear cowl section to install the high mount hanger. Not a big deal. Plan on spending just a little more time on the TBR. If you want pics, email me or I can post them here if desired.

Just my notes from two great pipes for the kat. enjoy!
    "I am better than dirt..well most kinds of dirt that is. Not that fancy storebought dirt- that stuff is loaded with nutrients. No way I can compete with that stuff..."

Nice to see you around again!!

We are planning a meet/greet at the new Iron Pony in Columbus on the 29th. Check out the Midwest forum for more info.

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

I love the sound of the TB pipe. My buddy has one on his CBR, and when we cruise through town, you can hear our rumble from abouta block away.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

how about a sound clip and pics. you caught my attention

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
        Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Thanks for the updated info !

I like a combination of low throaty growl yet screamin when the rpm's pick up.. man thats nice!

Comment

pics, I wanna see it!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

pics

here are some pics. don't mind the dirty bike...its a work in process now.

"I am better than dirt..well most kinds of dirt that is. Not that fancy storebought dirt- that stuff is loaded with nutrients. No way I can compete with that stuff..."

Comment

The blue net is pretty sweet too! adds some contrast.

Comment

err work in progress.

Comment

10 mins with the dremel

well..got the rear end hacked up tonight. 10 mins with the dremel and another 10 with sandpaper...no more stock mud thinga-ma-jigger. also, the pics show how tight the pipe hugs the bike. TBR for the win. =)

Comment

I like the way it comes in at the rear instead of sticking out like the pre98 stocks do. Please feel free to come to the meet and greet at Iron Pony too.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

looks like it sits a little higher than stock. is it? looks good....i'd love to hear one on a kat. might have my new pipe...lol

www.vwvortex.com
                        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.

Comment

it is definately higher than the stock. i chose the small oval because i wanted it nice and tight..not obtrusive. different strokes for different folks. most like the big oval for 750cc bikes but hey...that's why they make em different. it rides very close under the stock turn signal. the stock pipe sticks out, hangs low, and does not hug the bike in any fashion. the Wileyco was the same way. TBR did a great job with this pseudo high mount system. Wileyco was priced right, but it was stock mount all the way. TBR uses a custom hanger.

Comment

looks sweet. i've been searching for an audio or video clip of it on a kat or similar bike. they look a little pricey. i'm liking the carbon look myself for my bike

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

Did you have to re-jet the carbs?

Comment

Working...
                              X