X

Painted my bike this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted my bike this weekend

Mock fitted the front left fairing to see how it looks.

Here's the before:

These are the after pics:

Attached Files

Looks GREAT. Once I get this 750 swap moving and done, I plan on spraying mine. I'm going silver and black.

Comment

looks good so far...out of curiosity what was wrong with the black looked good too
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I love the way it looks with the new paint.

The black paint was chipped, cracked, enamel and not very fuel resistant. The new paint is aircraft grade base coat clear coat. I can probably sit it in gas and the plastic would probably melt before the paint did.

Comment

well then that is a perfectly acceptable reason.. you should take a test piece and put it in gas and take pictures
          sigpic

Comment

Looks Great. Like the black/silver combo. Staying like it is or are you going to add something to it.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I love the silver. good job

Comment

Looks awesome. I cant decide btwn silver or white(pearl). I was close on white, but this didn't help me at all. Thanks!
                '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                ME.

Comment

ohhhh, I like that silver lots! Looks great!
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Again, many thanks. Even my wife said it looks a million times better.

What I really like about the silver is it really sets off the "details" of the pre fairings. You can really see the front ducts without having to intentionally draw attention to it. You can see how the upper fairings flow into the curvature of the tank due to how the shadows are accented on the metallic paint. I just really like how it "pin stripes" the lines of the bike by itself without actually having pin stripes.

Im kind of a minimalistic person when it comes to "additionals".

I'm may try to find reflective white "SUZUKI" for both sides of the tank and some sort of "750" on the tail, but that's about it.

I did forget to bring the grab bar with me when we painted, but I think that may work out for me. Im going to plasti-coat the grab bar in black. That should help it a little with cold and hot temperatures.
                    Last edited by wcj; 02-27-2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

The silver/black bike will match your 32" LCD nicely too! Smart thinkin!

Comment

i love the colors. of course that is about the exact same my is going to look when it is done.

Comment

Here's some more pics with the bike just a little further along. Hope the wheels I just bought will look good with the silver.

Here's a CLOSE UP of the silver.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by wcj; 02-29-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X