X

paint process

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint process

i might be getting a cowl shortly and if i wanted to paint it (ive got the tools and such) what are the steps i should use, my kat is the lighter blue is it a single stage or two stage. would the process go somewhat like this?

is it sand, fill(if necessary) primer, spray, and clear then wetsand and buff (if desired)

thanks for any input.

tony
    -tonmarchelli

that is pretty much it.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

so it is a 2 stage and not a single? (stock i mean)
      -tonmarchelli

Comment

what do you mean 2 stage?
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

paint and clear as opposed to just paint.
          -tonmarchelli

Comment

It's more like paint - paint - paint - clear - clear - clear

Comment

it depends on the type of paint you get if you are just useing rattle cans than it it just 2-3 coats of paint and 2-3 coats of clear

Harley Davidson

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X