Powder coat guys? MOJO!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder coat guys? MOJO!!!!!!!

Is this a good gun? http://eastwood.com/shopping/product...iProductID=412

Im wanting one for small parts. And the ocasional gixxer frame and wheels. Ive got a plenty good size convection oven in the works. I dont want to spend the 700 for the pro model they have. 1 or 200 is the price I planned on.

Any others out there that you guys know are good? I want to add powder coating to my list of things that I dont have to pay someone to do.
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

edited your thread so the link would work,and stuck it in the bodyshop

Comment

I didnt notice this forum. I also didnt realize that the thread didnt work.

All and all, does anyone have any thaughts?
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

That is the exact same one I have and for the price, it works great. It serves my needs just fine. However, go with the Deluxe kit for a few dollars more. I didn't and sort of regret it. With the deluxe kit you get the plugs for plugging threaded holes....a HUGE must have.

Get that kit and a small compessor and an oven, and you will be able to do all parts on your bike except the frame. The frame is big and awkward to handle once it is powdered. You will need to build on oven with a "slide" mechanism to slide it into the oven without knocking the powder off. All the rest is good though.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Looks like I am getting a oven for my garage!!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Thanks. I have a oven in the works. Convection. It will be plenty big for a frame. And I think my 80 gl compresser will work fine.

I thaught it looked like a decent gun but Im new to this stuff.
            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

same here but I want to get a shop going and I will be doing PC, CNC and custom work.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

you can also get an IR heater that will do the same as an oven for large parts the PIA is that it has to be moved once in a while to cover the other areas that are powder coated.
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Are you able to do like part of a frame, bake it, then do another part, and bake it, or can you only bake it once?
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

in an oven or with the IR lamp?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

With the eastwood self-powder system, I'd be concerned about doing the frame, at least in the areas around (and especially the crossbar above) the Kat and Bandit engines because of the set-temp of the powdercoat they supply for this DYI solution -- that set temp in theory is also the maliable/melt temp and may be reached by any part close enough to the engine (esp. right after it shuts down after a hard ride -- the heat coming off the headers and no breeze to move it).

Ought to work awesomely for most of the other parts

Just a thought...

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X