X

? on 98+ undertails from Freestyle.Corp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? on 98+ undertails from Freestyle.Corp

On there site they show a picture of a bike with there undertail installed. The piece looks great! There were two thing that i didnt see on the bike which was a license plate and the back handle pillion! Does anyone here have this installed on there bike and have any pics? I have a 2002 750 and would really love to install this on my bike.

What I noticed was it didn't have any rear signals in the pic...I bought one from one of the Ebay auctions they had up under "ArtFibras" I believe was the Ebay Name...In the Ebay Auction it says it comes with a license plate bracket and they come painted to your choice of color. Mine should be here within a few days. As far as the signals go I think im gonna go with the Clear Alternatives Integrated Brake light and signals on mine...On the '02 Kats i don't know what could be done without making a bracket for the signals to hang off.

BTW i tried ordering off their website...got no response from them though so I got it off Ebay.

I'll take some pics of mine when i get it and post them up for you.

Mark

Comment

It could be intergrated also? Call them an ask cause that would save on some cash!

Comment

Hope this helps a bit

Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Dude your the best,thanks for the awsome pics in detail. All my questions are answered accept one thing. How much was the unit? I emailed them and had no response? Did you get yours painted to match?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboRangerSVO
            As far as the signals go I think im gonna go with the Clear Alternatives Integrated Brake light and signals on mine...On the '02 Kats i don't know what could be done without making a bracket for the signals to hang off.
            How are you integrating your tail light? you only have one bulb on the '02. I thought it was just the '04 models and up with the busa style tail that could be integrated.
            -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by taz
              How are you integrating your tail light? you only have one bulb on the '02. I thought it was just the '04 models and up with the busa style tail that could be integrated.
              I have an '04...I was telling K-Solo that on an '02 i wouldnt know how to mount the signals without a bracket or with doing something like Haggisman did with his

Comment

Originally posted by TurboRangerSVO
                Originally posted by taz
                I have an '04...I was telling K-Solo that on an '02 i wouldnt know how to mount the signals without a bracket or with doing something like Haggisman did with his
                Oh haha thanks
                -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

How much did that undertail cost?
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hey Lou he paid like 180.00 for the undertail and hugger non painted!

Comment

I paid $115 for it shipped off of Ebay for just the undertail...and supposedly its painted

Comment

Ok Guys...I got my Undertail Tuesday and put it in last night. It took some time to get it but then again it was shipped from Brazil (24 days). It looks fairly well made although the instructions are a bit on the optimistic side in stating it can be installed in about an hour. The paint was a near perfect match that they had painted it with. The license plate/signal bracket they give you is a bit on the flimsy side especially with the stock signals on it, but once I get the integrated taillight and signals it will look a lot cleaner. The hardest part about installing it is drilling the holes in the undertail to match the mounting holes in the frame. You just have to take your time and measure twice...drill once..lol. Overall though, as long as you take your time, It will turn out good....and will look a lot better than the stock fender does. Here's some pics of it all done:

Comment

The only other thing I didn't like about the undertail was it gets rid of the "luggage bar" that was on the underside of the rear. Thats what I always used to lift the bike up on the center stand. Now i'll just have to use the left passenger foot peg to lift up on. One other thing, if you have a Two Brothers High mount exhaust you will have to make an additional hole in the undertail for the exhaust mounting bracket to slide through.

Comment

Nice job ranger!!! looking good !! We're you able to follow the instructions pretty easily to install it?

and yeah, using the rear foot peg is just as easy as the luggage bar for lifting it up on the center stand.

Comment

The instructions weren't real clear on the installing part.....basically said put undertail where stock fender was mounted...mark holes and drill...I know the 2 front bolts that held the old fender up are located under the side fairings, so removing those would be a big help...thats about as in depth as the install instructions go...after that its "To re-assemble, reverse disassembling instructions". So the best advice i can give if someone gets one of these is to take your time...do it right and have patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X