X

3rd eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd eye

Ive seen some bikes out there that have a different color third eye (aka parking light). Anyone know where to find these?

People typically make those themselves with LEDs.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Mine is simply a red bulb. I got it at AutoZone. I got a pack of two for under $3. Oooooh, the mods are gonna get you for double posting

Last edited by FASHER; 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Mine is an LED scanner that i hacked up and installed inside the 3rd eye.
        Check out the video.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Okay, loving the scanner-3rd eye. Do tell how you did it, details please!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good video....and it was an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
              Check out the video.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgJFDyA_aY

ya know KnightRider is on its way back with the Shelby GT 500 being the new Kitt.

myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Careful using red and blue Escpecially if it has a strobing effet while moving. As for other colors by law on the front of a vehicle can only be white or amber while moving

I've been waiting for Night Rider to come out for a couple yrs now. Originally it was supposed to be the new Chevy Camero. Opps I guess Chevy sat on their xxses for to long on releasing it to their product line.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kty Kat View Post
                  Okay, loving the scanner-3rd eye. Do tell how you did it, details please!!!!!!!!
                  I was simple really

I bought a tribal flame scanner from pep boys for like $14 or so (I can't remember but it was cheap)
                  I took out the 3rd eye from the bike
                  I popped the red lens off the scanner and noticed the LEDs uder the lens were also red...
                  Using a hot knife (heat up the blade of an utilty knife with a torch) I trimmed down the scanner so all that was left was the board and the backing part it was attched to. I did not try to pry the board of the backing because it looked brittle. With all the scanners plastic trimmed away it would almost fit perfect inside the 3rd eye.
                  All I had to do was using the hot knife snip off the screw posts on the inside of the 3rd eye and trim a couple edges to fit it in. Once it was fitted I used GOOP (silicone adheasive) and glued the board into the housing of the 3rd eye. drilled a hole and ran the wires out. Because I had snipped off the screw posts the clear lens also have to be glued back on using a bit of goop, but before I did that I tapeed over the screw holes and filled in the screw holes with goop.
                  then i just reattched it to the bike as normal.
                  for the wiring I simply taped into the oem wiring for the 3rd eye
                  instant KITT KAT
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

superbrightleds.com has the plug in replacement leds in a variety of colors I have the blue four led version and it will light up my carport at night.
                    Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

is it just me or seeing that red light on a Kat in the third post make me wonder if ya can
                      give it the old Knight Rider treatment with the horizonal light pulse hehe...might actually look cool just a shot in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                        is it just me or seeing that red light on a Kat in the third post make me wonder if ya can
                        give it the old Knight Rider treatment with the horizonal light pulse hehe...might actually look cool just a shot in the dark

Did you miss the 1st page about midway through..

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                        Check out the video.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgJFDyA_aY
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

ahh crap..totally missed that

Comment

These are huge over on the Repsol forum. They are made by a company called Tripageled.com. They make the KITT light as well as a few other mods like lighted footpegs and a headlight mod called "Krazy eyes." Lots of the Repsol guys mod their bikes with this stuff...must be nice to have a billion dollars to spend on mods...

Anyway, you can check it here: http://www.repsolforum.com/forums/sh...hlight=tristan
                            -
                            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                            X