X

Hugger for 96

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugger for 96

where can i bay a rear hugger , for a kantana 96.

Tommer

I am pretty sure that for pre's you can use a hugger from an SV650 with some minimal trimming...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
      I am pretty sure that for pre's you can use a hugger from an SV650 with some minimal trimming...

Ok ,do you think i can use one from gsxf 98

Comment

Originally posted by tommer View Post
        Ok ,do you think i can use one from gsxf 98
        Yeah, you can, but with the pre 98 you will have to deal with the brake bar on top of the swingarm on the right side. The post 98 bikes that bar is on the bottom of the swingarm. Again, it may just be a matter of some minor trimming/fitment issues. I am fairly certain it will bolt right up on the left side though.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          Yeah, you can, but with the pre 98 you will have to deal with the brake bar on top of the swingarm on the right side. The post 98 bikes that bar is on the bottom of the swingarm. Again, it may just be a matter of some minor trimming/fitment issues. I am fairly certain it will bolt right up on the left side though.
          OK byt i whas loking for one that fit rigth on the bike.

Comment

To my knowledge, there isn't one that simply bolts up and has no fitment issues for a Pre. You'll have to do some fab and drilling, etc to get one to work.

Comment

whats a hugger (sorry squid question)
              95 suZuki katana
              Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

the little plastic piece that covers the rear tire

look at paul's bike for a hugger on a pre (seqx)
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by tommer View Post
                  OK byt i whas loking for one that fit rigth on the bike.
                  there isn't one that just bolts on. You're gonna have to do something. The problem is the rear brake torque link is on the top, everything that bolts on, the torque link is on the bottom. Paul (SEQX34) he has a hugger on his pre 98 Katana, I have a rear hugger on a pre 98 Katana also, but I have a 98+ swing arm I'd say it's time to send Paul a message and see how he did it.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 12-29-2007, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KYrider View Post
                    whats a hugger (sorry squid question)

KY, thats a hugger. That's actually the exact hugger I have, not the cheapest but it's ABS plastic
                    Last edited by arsenic; 12-29-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Does a hugger actually DO anything?

It looks like it might help deflect water, but I wasnt sure.

Comment

Looks purrdddy!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                          Does a hugger actually DO anything?

It looks like it might help deflect water, but I wasnt sure.
                          yes, their purpose id to keep crap off the shock, but seriously, they just look nice.

Comment

There was a pretty good writeup on making a bandit 600 hugger fit the pre98 on katana planet, but I can't find it anymore.
                            From what I remember, you just had to trim the hugger to fit around the brake torque arm.

Comment

Heres where you have to trim the hugger (top/left)

I made a bracket (bottom/right) then drilled and tapped the swing arm to bolt the bracket

looking from behind

PAUL
                              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Working...
                              X