X

can't get the upper faring off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get the upper faring off

I'm having trouble getting the upper faring off. Everything is disconnected except for the front part under the headlight. There are 2 black screw/bolt things under there that i can't get out. How do you remove those black plastic screw things?

OK a year would help..

Comment

if they are the black dot type then push in on the center of the dot and remove
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
        OK a year would help..
        2006!

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat View Post
          if they are the black dot type then push in on the center of the dot and remove

I believe it is the exact opposite of that. Pull out the centre and the fesenter will come out. This is the best pic I could find. They won't be identical, but here are some examples of what I am talking about.

pull on the centre, it should not come all the way out, but once it is backed out the fastener will release. Be cautious of putting any strain on your fairings though.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

As everyone has said, push the center in, and then you can pull the entire black clip out.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

If it is the plastic screw type you are talking about. And your spinning it and it wont back out enough for you to get some needlenose or vise grips on then you may need to find a sheet metal or wood screw and screw that in a little ways. Then get a pair of pliers or something to grab it with and pull out. then the rest of the clip will come out as well. Run into a lot of these on inner fenderwells on cars.
              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67087

As everyone has said, push the center in, and then you can pull the entire black clip out.
                that's a great write-up with some great pics I forgot you did that. I have been pulling at the centre of those clips to get them off. No wonder I hate those clips

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

no Joe, you gotta push those bad boys in, gosh, I've never tried to pull them out thats got to be a pita.

Comment

i have an 05 750 they are push in. I have the same type on my Silevrado they can be pushed down fron the inside and removed but its a PIA. I have removed the front plastic under the bumper that way before I knew the right way. Much easier to push them in
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X