X

Opinions on a paint scheme!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on a paint scheme!!!

Ok all, i've been surfin through this forum for a few hours now and thought i would give this a shot. So here it goes. I recently acquired a '94 Katana 600 from a friend that just wanted to get rid of it. It was not perfect, needed some work and TLC, which i have done and she runs really good for a Kat thats been dormant for over two years. Now, the question at hand is PAINT!!! I have a scheme picked out, but i am just not sure on it yet. I was thinking about doing a tri - color paint job with what I call rain drop scallops (like a flame job almost, but not quite). The colors I am thinking of using are wild strawberry metallic (from 93 mustang)on the front, black cherry (from chrysler) on the back and a gold metal flake to outline the scallops. As for the wheels the are being bead blasted this weekend and will be painted to match the bike. So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions on colors or schemes would be greatly appreciated. Oh i also found this site today on some pretty wild colors just in case you wanna take a peek, they are flip - flop colors that change with heat degree. example: candy apple red (cool) to candy apple green (above 88 degrees). Sounds nice, but it is pretty pricey. the link is http://www.trippininc.com/.

paint can be VERY expensive...the color on my bike, which was spectramaster blue from dupont. was almost $400/quart for the color. When the guy mixed it up at the shop he said it had been the most pearl he had ever put into any paint.... and let me tell you when the sun hits is right you better close your eyes or you will be blind from the shine.

Comment

humm im going to school for that right now i can be ppg certified if i want at the end, and well if it was me there really isnt a need for a $400 gallon of paint, you can take some ppg or dupont chroma base paint and make it look just as good man im gonna use the cadalliac pearl white on mine this summer in class, and well its say 150 TOPS for all three coats of the base pearl and clear for that one color so fine something better save that 400 bux and you can get just as much attition

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
        humm im going to school for that right now i can be ppg certified if i want at the end, and well if it was me there really isnt a need for a $400 gallon of paint, you can take some ppg or dupont chroma base paint and make it look just as good man im gonna use the cadalliac pearl white on mine this summer in class, and well its say 150 TOPS for all three coats of the base pearl and clear for that one color so fine something better save that 400 bux and you can get just as much attition
        I just re-read what i wrote and it almost made me cross eyed...lol.sorry everyone. heres the deal: the colors that i am leaning toward (wild strawberry metallic. black cherry and gold metal flake) are all dupont premier colors. which are pretty reasonable in price (around $60 a pint here). the link i posted was just to some cool paint and thought maybe you all would like to check it out. sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I do believe I am going to go with the trippin inc paint. Good find, it is pricey, but I think it will be worth it.
          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

another great place to look for paint is ALSA they have some really cool paints and adatives at verry reasonable prices.

PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Wow, that definately sounds like a wild scheme, and very unique !

Comment

How about some before and after pics.

Comment

before and after pics will soon be on the way. I am going through it step by step. so when the bike is complete, i will post the pics here. thanks for all the input so far

Comment

sounds cool...and I am hungry for some fruit salad now thanks to you

Comment

Working...
                    X