No announcement yet.
X

Aftermarket Windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the sport tech yellow chrome. if you go the chrome route know ahead of time you can't see thru em. JMO but I think the chrome ones look the best
    rock
    always working on mods

Comment

I love the look of the Sport Tech chrome, but not fond of not being able to see thru it. Also got confirmation that the Cheetah SSt is not avaliable for the bike.
      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

I have the sporttech chrome windshield. I'm not happy with it becasue 1.) it is VERY easy to scratch the back side of it and 2.) I can't see throught it. Oh it looks trick but this is a case where function needs to come before form. I think I'l be tradeing mine out this winter for a dark smoke windscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
          I've got the Sport Tech yellow chrome, looks good although not a perfect match to the Kat yellow.
          Me too....may not match perfectly but boy can they see us coming ! I've had many compliments...sure you have too. It's a little taller than the stock too as KitKat pointed out to me after our ride today.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlman
            Originally posted by Katgirl
            I've got the Sport Tech yellow chrome, looks good although not a perfect match to the Kat yellow.
            Me too....may not match perfectly but boy can they see us coming ! I've had many compliments...sure you have too. It's a little taller than the stock too as KitKat pointed out to me after our ride today.
            you two have been spending a lot of time together lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
              you two have been spending a lot of time together lately.
              uh oh.... is jealousy rearing it's ugly head?!?!

It's okay Range... they should get used to eachother.. since they'll both be riding BEHIND us next season.

Comment

I think you guys are all jealous....well.....my kat IS on the sportech website
                Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

[quote="Froggy"]I love the look of the Sport Tech chrome, but not fond of not being able to see thru it. quote]

I e-mailed sportech with regards to their new V-Flow series, which is chrome, but you are able to see through it. I wanted to know if they planned on making them for the Katana. This is the response I got:

"However, we do not have plans to offer the Katana in a V-Flow Chrome version simply because we haven’t had the demand for it. We do monitor requests however and if we get enough to justify the tooling expense, we will add it to our inventory"

Just thought I'd share
                  Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                  Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I will have to put in my request, see if we can start somethin' :P

Comment

i've had both the sportech and the zero gravity. both nice pieces. i like the bling factor of the sportech and haven't really noticed myself even trying to look through it. how offten do you really look through your wind screen? i never do any major touring but when i have traveled long distances, it wasn't my wind screen that bothered me...it was that jewel from Fort Worth Texas---- the D&D that caused my headaches. i love the sound of it around town but 3 hours on the highway through earplugs and headphones it still felt like a midget with sledgehammer was in my helmet.
                      NEVER rub another man's Rhubarb

Comment

When I read the label on the windscren, somethin' like "keep windscreen clear and clean at all times as not to obstruct vision", I was thinking, who ever looks thru it? Travelling from Hfx to Ottawa (& Toronto) this summer and found that lying on the tank with my feet on the rear pegs is incrediably comfortable, and as a concequence, I have to look thru the windscreen. I find on the Hwy I ride like this most of the time now.

Comment

Originally posted by jhugh
                          I installed the Zero Gravity Sport-Touring screen earlier this summer.
                          Just wondering if U R able to give me the measurement of the windscreen from top to bottom, to compare to the stock...

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                            Just wondering if U R able to give me the measurement of the windscreen from top to bottom, to compare to the stock...
                            Sure - this is a snapshot of the stock windscreen over the ZG. The ZG is 4" taller.

Comment

I didnt know that my zg was that much taller than my stock no wonder i like it better.
                              sigpic

Comment

jhugh
                                Thanks for the pic. The practical side of me that travels 10,000 a year on the bike thinks that this would be the practical choice. I do have concerns that (because of the height) it is going to take away from the "sport" look of the bike. As for the stock windsreen, the top is right in my line of vision when I am travelling on the highway, which is a nusiance. I have to make up my mind soon, as once it is installed I have to get the graphics applied again. Thanks again for posting the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X