No announcement yet.
X

New Grips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to keep everybody informed, the blk/blk ones will be in tomorrow. I had to split up my order and will only be getting 10 in this time and will get the rest next week. I still have plenty of red, blue, and yellow. Plus a few graphite and titanium.
    Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Sponsored by: Superbike Supply, Pit-Bull, Sharkskinz, Spidergrips, Tailofthedragon.com, New Enough, Clear Alternatives, XT Racing, and others.

Comment

On Jim's recommendation, I'll try a pair as well... you have another order.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Thanks Cyber. I'll get them out as soon as they come in. 9 blk/blk left
        Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Sponsored by: Superbike Supply, Pit-Bull, Sharkskinz, Spidergrips, Tailofthedragon.com, New Enough, Clear Alternatives, XT Racing, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Yeah, no pressure there

I'll be interested to read your review of them. I'm sure you have a broader range of comparison than I do so I'm interested in how they stack up. I think you'll be pleased.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Was just wondering if you had shipped mine out yet or if the wife is just hiding them from me LOL
            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
              Was just wondering if you had shipped mine out yet or if the wife is just hiding them from me LOL
              I hope the wife is hiding them. PM sent
              Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

Originally posted by 2Wheeltours
                Just to keep everybody informed, the blk/blk ones will be in tomorrow. I had to split up my order and will only be getting 10 in this time and will get the rest next week. I still have plenty of red, blue, and yellow. Plus a few graphite and titanium.
                Still want a pair let me know how to pay as well a shipping address ( blk on blk) thanks

Comment

My grips made it here and I am very impressed! the wife had them hidden from me and holding them for ransom, and they were well worth the ransom she was holding them for. I had to mow the lawn, take out the trash, clear cut the north 40, milk 400 head of cattle, dig a 18 mile long ditch, swim the Atlantic, run a triathalon, change a dirty diaper, and power washt the deck and the house.

If that doesnt tell you that theses are great grips nothing will.

LOL

Thanks for the great product 2wheeltours!!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep
                    Still want a pair let me know how to pay as well a shipping address ( blk on blk) thanks
                    Well, it seems Fedex wants to keep my shipment in B'ham for some reason as they still haven't made it here yet. I hope they'll show up Monday. If not, I'll have to start making a few phone calls.

blacksheep, you can pay directly thru our web store. If you don't like paypal, then you can send a check to our PO box. Just PM me if you'd rather do that
                    Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

My grips made it here and I am very impressed! the wife had them hidden from me and holding them for ransom, and they were well worth the ransom she was holding them for. I had to mow the lawn, take out the trash, clear cut the north 40, milk 400 head of cattle, dig a 18 mile long ditch, swim the Atlantic, run a triathalon, change a dirty diaper, and power washt the deck and the house.

LOL

Thanks deranged. Looks like you'll have to return the favor to the wife BTW, as soon as we get our new stickers finished up, I'll send you a few
                      Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

LOL

Thanks deranged. Looks like you'll have to return the favor to the wife BTW, as soon as we get our new stickers finished up, I'll send you a few
                        Good deal. I cant wait. Do you have shirts as well, I woul like to buy one. Black of course LOL

Comment

Grip review follow-up

Well I managed to get in some miles on the new grips yesterday and I have to say that I am still very pleased with my purchase

We put in a little over 200 miles and my hands did not go numb at all. As predicted, they are not the "greatest thing since sliced bread" but they aren't too awfully far off the mark. There is still plenty of input and "feel" for the road but they are a huge improvement over stock and much better than the last pair of gel grips I tried.

My carbs have a tendancy to work themselves out of synch and yesterday they did just that. Half way through the day I started running very rough, the D&D was punishing everyone behind me more than usual because of it and I could feel in the bars that it was trying to punish me too. Still despite a rough running bike and an average speed of 90 most of the way home my hands did not go numb at all. Yes, there was a good deal of vibration that made it through, when my carbs go there is nothing that will stop the vibration. Still, they were able to dampen it enough to keep feeling in my hands and keep me in control without being miserable.

Bottom line: These will not take away all of the vibration of a Katana.....nothing will, they're grips not magic. For me though they make a considerable difference in the amount of vibration at the bars and I am extremely pleased. If your looking for a pair of grips to magically eliminate all hand fatigue and vibration these are not it. If your looking for a good pair of comfortable grips to reduce vibrations without going to a no-feel sponge grip, these are just the ticket.

Thank you for turning me on to these Mike!
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

congrats on the new grips deranged !!!

thanks for the review Jim ! These definately seem like the real deal.

MIke, when you get those stickers, let us all know too.

Comment

Re: Grip review follow-up

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                              My carbs have a tendancy to work themselves out of synch and yesterday they did just that.
                              Do you know why they do that? You might want to try cleaning off the adjuster screws (brake cleaner or carb cleaner) and then put a little loctite on the adjuster screws (and I do mean just a tiny-little bit).

Good Luck on that!
                              Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I looked at the grips and wanted to order some blk/red ones...got any...pm me with price...
                                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                                X