X

New Grips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grips

I put a post in the Vendor forum but wasn't sure if you guys saw it or not. I was looking thru the entire forum the other day and saw a few posts about grips. I thought some of you might be interested in trying something new. Spider Grips is a relatively new company in the sport bike grip market (they've been making off road stuff for a while) and they have designed a new style of grips. They are similar to other gel type grips, but have done a little more research into reducing vibration at the controls. A Katana is a more comfortable ride than my CBR to start with, but these do make a big difference in reducing hand numbness (or tingling). They also claim that the wetter these grips get from rain, the stickier they get (most others get slicker than owl poop when wet ) I can't vouch for that just yet, but I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later Interested, go here http://www.2wheeltours.com/store.html and click on the Spider Grip text link for more info.
    Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Sponsored by: Superbike Supply, Pit-Bull, Sharkskinz, Spidergrips, Tailofthedragon.com, New Enough, Clear Alternatives, XT Racing, and others.

I considered those when i was looking for new grips awhile bike, they look pretty sweet! thanks for the info. maybe i'll have to pick up a pair and see how they work.

Comment

You can find the manufacturer's info here:

NOTE: The concept of using different polymer compounds in grips isn't all that revolutionary; even the stock 98+ Kat grips use a dual-polymer compound system where the polymer grouping (hardness) is controlled by different cure temps at the inside and outside. That's not to say these grips aren't better or wonderful, just that what they claim may not be quite as whiz-bang as all that.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        You can find the manufacturer's info here:

NOTE: The concept of using different polymer compounds in grips isn't all that revolutionary; even the stock 98+ Kat grips use a dual-polymer compound system where the polymer grouping (hardness) is controlled by different cure temps at the inside and outside. That's not to say these grips aren't better or wonderful, just that what they claim may not be quite as whiz-bang as all that.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        The way they explained it to me is that they have developed a new molding process that is supposed be better.
        Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Sponsored by: Superbike Supply, Pit-Bull, Sharkskinz, Spidergrips, Tailofthedragon.com, New Enough, Clear Alternatives, XT Racing, and others.

Comment

I couldnt find any info on different colors, is there a selection or do they all have that grey area? I would like a set of all black ones, and if they offer them they would end up on the short list

Comment

Originally posted by OtLa
            I couldnt find any info on different colors, is there a selection or do they all have that grey area? I would like a set of all black ones, and if they offer them they would end up on the short list
            Yep, they have all black. All the color selections are listing on our website http://www.2wheeltours.com/spidergrips.html
            Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a set. Figure I will give them a shot and see how good they are and let you guys know. As most of you know, I have already spent a fortune just getting parts, so whats 19.00 more LOL
              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Thanks Deranged. And you actually bought the last Blk/Blk set I have in stock. No worries though, I'll have some more in next week. Got plenty of the others though
                Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

Send me some twowheeltours stuff as well( stickers, cards, anything advertising) and i will sport it proudly.
                  If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

These look really good. Do they just slip on? And do they fit pre 98?

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep
                      These look really good. Do they just slip on? And do they fit pre 98?
                      "Just slip on" is a loose term. They have to be persuaded a little to go on.

As long as your bars are the standard size (which they should be), they'll work.
                      Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

Alright, what the heck I'll give 'em a shot.
                        One pair blue/black please
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
                          Alright, what the heck I'll give 'em a shot.
                          One pair blue/black please
                          Thanks Jim. I'll get 'em out to ya today
                          Mike

Co-Owner of 2Wheel Tours

Comment

Yeah , I'll add those to my shopping list and order when I get it all figured out .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yah know...I would order these, but ever since last year when I tried to change my grips out and ended up knocking my bike over, I think I'm gonna "just say no" to this one.

FYI: I still have my stock Kat grips on because one of the new ones I was putting on ripped when the bike fell over
                              I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

Working...
                              X