X

Putting the R6 Tail on...Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the R6 Tail on...Pics

I wanted to change the tail but I wasn't so sure I wanted to cut the subframe off in order to make room for a new one so I went with the overlay. Thought I would share a couple photos. So far it has been pretty simple using the 2003-2005 model parts. All I have left to install is the rear tail light and a rear seat/lock. One change that I am still bouncing around is how to modify the front seat. Right now I am think that I am going to chop up the old Kat seat and either attach it to the R6 seat or make some type of bracket to hold a chunk in place to fill the gap. Throw some ideas my way if you have any. The reason I choose to leave the gap there is so the whole R6 frame would not need to be taken off to undo the gas tank bolts and how the frame matched up this way.

Shot of the rear tail. Patch some wholes and it will be a nice storage expansion

One more. The license plate bulb is actually the original Kat one with some casing removed and facing downward.

Here's an extreme fender chop. I what to keep as much crap as I could from flying up under the seat area so I did some cuting. To attach the plate I bolted a couple of L brackets up to the last bolts holding the fender on.

To finish off the underside I cut up an R6 undertail.

Semi finished product. I think I'm going to shop up the old side fairings to cover up the battery area.

I have more pictures if anyone is interested.

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

more pics!
      1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Comment

Thats looks freakin sweet! Yes,Yes more pics please!
          "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Have you considered moving the entire unit forward an inch or two, unstapling the leading edge of the seat, trimming it to match the countours of the tank and restapling the vinyl? Looking like it's got some potential...staying tuned in for sure!

Comment

Great work! I would like to also see more pics!!!

Comment

I'll try and throw some more pics up later tonight. Anything specific? I have a couple requests for the for the early stages. Hopefully my light arrives tonight and I have time to pop it in.

As for the seat I did look at moving the frame all the way up to the gas tank but I figured if I went the way I did I may have less work for maintenance. What ever way i can fill the gap it will be recovered as 1 unit or at least matching. Another idea last night that came to mind was maybe add a tank cover and then sew something onto that so it goes down around the gas tank and under the seat or where ever.

Comment

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Few of the pics while assembling.

Light is install. Just needs to be wired.

Last edited by fods; 11-16-2007, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That last pic is the money shot. Looks great.
                      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Amazing!!!
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

That is freaking cool man! Great job!

Comment

now paint it black .. your losing like 5 hp with all that blue
                            so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                              now paint it black .. your losing like 5 hp with all that blue
                              I disagree about black to blue but if it was red then I would worry
                              flat black would be cool
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X