Frame sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame sliders

On the link from below,

BraadaJim stated, "There is a company located near Robbinsville N.C. that has been in contact and they are developing sliders specifically for the Kats that DO NOT require you to drill your frame. They should be available for public sale in the very near future".

Has anyone heard anything more on this or was it a shot in the dark. I have not been able to get ahold of BraadaJim to ask if there has been any advancement on this idea.

Could anyone elaborate on this?

Thank you,

Jedd

i have come to the conclusion that Braada Jim is a fictional character. you can't send letters, call or even email him. he knows who's been naughty or nice. so be good kids and you might recieve a gift (cough...cough...racer back cowl...cough) for christmas!

Comment

Dunno about that US firm but the UK GSXF forum guys loaned R&G a GSXF to make some, result can be found here:

Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
          Dunno about that US firm but the UK GSXF forum guys loaned R&G a GSXF to make some, result can be found here:

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/.../CP0142BL.aspx
          ill pay $250 for a pair!!

Comment

I ended up finding those but the price is pretty steep and I was hoping to find someone in the states to deal with.

Comment

That thread is 3 years old...

We have a guy on here that makes them, look in the parts for sale sections, theres a sticky
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

LOL, did anyone watch the installation video? It was pretty cool, but I was waiting for the GEICO Lizard to come out from the background and offer me a spot of tea and a muffin with jam!!!!

Comment

well paying the $250 is better than the $1000 in body repairs. Trust me I know.

Comment

dude, guys it not that hard to do them yourself. Get some 406 SS and grind them into the shape you want the brackets. Then tap an M10x1.25 hole. Have the bracket welded to your frame, there you go. Frame sliders without drilling your frame.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                      dude, guys it not that hard to do them yourself. Get some 406 SS and grind them into the shape you want the brackets. Then tap an M10x1.25 hole. Have the bracket welded to your frame, there you go. Frame sliders without drilling your frame.
                      ok then can you make it for me and ill get it welded on
                      sigpic

Comment

we'll see, I may start producing mass quantities of this

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                          I hear ya arsenic but..This question in my mind remains. Why has no one tooled up and offered a "true" Katana slider / bracket, whether it be welded or otherwise be joined to the frame?

I'm thinking that I could offer an open angle piece of 406 with a heli-coil in it and sell the F out of them.

If you would, would you possibly show EXACTLY where on the frame a slider would best work and NOT tweek it? Or should I refer to the above mentioned site?

Would be much appreciated Dude.
                          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Working...
                          X