X

Anyone have gold on your headers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have gold on your headers?

A friend that has a Z1000 also told me to use Kaboom tub and shower cleaner if I wanted to get rid of the gold on my pipes. So I sprayed it on and just watched the gold vanish. Weird. I don't know why it works but it does. The header pipe on my wifes Blast was kinda gold color too and I just sprayed it on and hosed it off. You can get it anywere in with the household cleaners. Sorry if this has been posted before.
    This is what my headers look like just after one quick spray. No rubbing or anything. Just spray it on and hose it off.
    here's a pic of earlier today with the gold color and another right after I sprayed the "Kaboom" on lol

Sweet tip. Looks like it worked good!
    Ride or go home!

Comment

wow, good to know thanks!

Comment

The gold is caused by oxidation right? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

Well the stock headers on the Z came that way but my wifes Buell turned that color. It worked on both of them

Comment

holy crap thats a lot of snow. We dont even have any left around here and it was our 2nd snowiest winter since they started keeping track in 1905
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

You're Z's got stock stainless headers Pro. They're supposed to look that gold color.

Comment

Where's our resident mythbusters guy Junior?

I would think it was some kind of chemical reaction, obviously. I'll ask my dad, he's a chemistry teacher.
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                  You're Z's got stock stainless headers Pro. They're supposed to look that gold color.

So how long before they turn gold again?
                  It would ket kinda expensive spraying on Kaboom at every wash lol

Comment

Originally posted by ProZac
                    Originally posted by AHF

So how long before they turn gold again?
                    It would ket kinda expensive spraying on Kaboom at every wash lol
                    Yes it would.

I don't know what's going to happen to your headers now buddy. You may have removed the stainless from the steel. j/k

Comment

Back in the day when all pipes were chrome, we believed that blue pipes meant too rich a mixture and gold was too lean. Or vice-versa.

Comment

i kinda like the gold color...looks nice IMO
                        Hello World.

Comment

Working...
                        X