X

House of Kolor paints

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Kolor paints

Was at my model car meeting last night and one of the members is going to be the NE dist for HOK paints but in smaller portions. Basically he will be catering to the modeling community. But get this, he can get any color that they sell in a spray can. The catch is that if he orders spray paint they will only ship a case of six cans. You are probably thinking that is way too much to paint for my bike right. Well you can get any combination you want it doesn't have to be the same color. This means you can get 3 of the color you want and 3 clear. or a combination of primer, color, clear, pearls you get the picture.He said the cans will run some here around $7 but it also depends on the type of paints ordered.
    He has 1oz bottles currently for airbrushing, but will be building his inventory as the demand grows.

I'm thinking of putting some ghost image in pearl over the final color.

I'm going to put in an order soon so I'll keep you guys posted.
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

if you want a nice pearl, you dont have to use house of kolors, im doing a pearl on the back and front of my bike this summer and its going to be cadalliac pearl white where it stays white the whole time but the pearl is sprayed over the white and it changes from a blue tint to clear, yellow, green, red, and orange occasionaly. so just remember with a pearl paint job you scratch it, crape it, you paint that whole pannel, prob the whole side to look uniorm

Comment

Thats pretty slick, thanks for the info and keep us updated.

Comment

I would be very wary of shooting HOK out of a can.I cant imagine getting "Show quality" results from a spraycan, I can tell you having the control of the volume and spray pattern is what really makes the HouseOfKolor products meet there full potential.Check out there video.
        2004 CBR 1000 RR I dont gottagofaster anymore ....

Comment

Well considering I was going to go with a rattle can job anyway, now I have better color choices. As for the show quality I'm not really concerned, I just want it all one color.
          I do have a spray gun that came with the compressor and an airbrush as well. But being a long time model builder I'm quite confident that I can lay down a pretty good coat of paint out of a spray can.
          92 Katana 600 Project bike
          Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

For the record, almost all paints are available in spray cans - some stores will even have the machine to put custom colors into a spray can, most just don't advertise this as it is a PITA.....

About the only thing you can't get is some of the thicker primers.
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by gottagofaster
              I cant imagine getting "Show quality" results from a spraycan
              The Devil you say??????

I gota disagree. I used a Rattle can on mine, and it turned out pretty even and nice
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Just make sure they have a fan nossle and not a regular one.
                PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Originally posted by gottagofaster
                  I cant imagine getting "Show quality" results from a spraycan
                  The Devil you say??????

I gota disagree. I used a Rattle can on mine, and it turned out pretty even and nice
                  I must agree with Lou on this, the unevenness you speak of is mostly being in a hurry or going to slow and the prep. Preporation is key in a nice paint job, PERIOD!

Krylon can look good with the right primer/filler LOL
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                    Thats a good point. That fan tip really does make all the difference.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                      Thats a good point. That fan tip really does make all the difference.
                      yes and what you :
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                      X