X

Appying Stickers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appying Stickers?

Hey guys I was going to put my katana stickers I orderd from the factory back on my back after scratching mine up. These where not cheap lol so how would I apply them without messing them up? Someone told me there is a spray I can put on my bike and adjust the sticker the way I want and it will dry, is this true? How would you guys do it?

Thanks
    IX

a spray bottle with water & a drop or 2 of liquid dish soap.

i'd suggest getting some scrap vinyl & practice if you've never done it b4.

tim

Comment

are they vinyl or are they the "raised" katana emblems? I know for vinyl use Trinc's suggestion worked good for the vinyl on my truck. Other than that im not too sure, just take your time.

Comment

i used alittle bit of water to apply my dragon decals as well as my katrides ones..just a few drops will allow to adjust the placement just fine,and then let it dry and ur all set.

Comment

well get a puddy spreader too make sure its soft plastic and you can flatten out that decal nice with out any bubbles

Comment

alittle FYI.. sometimes you can use a credit card to help smooth out any ridges or folds..just be careful you dont tear the decal. dont ask me why I know that...

Comment

Those body molding scrapers (Putty Scrapers) can work wonders. I used to use those all the time when tinting windows and such. The soap and water trick also works really well. Just don't do it in the direct sun where verything gets super heated, and make sure the place you are putting the decals is not to hot either. It will evaporate the water pretty fast.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks guys I will use the soap and water method.....I really won't have to worry about the heat because I have the farling off sitting on my bed lol...I thought I might as well kill 3 mods in one (clearsmoke singnal lights, Mesh and decals) I hope it works out!

Thanks alot

Comment

Another tip, Mesh can be painted. Corey painted his red, and it looks pretty freaking sweet!!!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Just got the stickers on, the soap and water was a success!!! thanks guys

Comment

painted mesh looks sweet !!! and you can also try different types of mesh, some members on here use flames or other designs.. it all looks sweet!

glad the stickers are on !! now..

Comment

Has anyone ever "Meshed" a Pre98 Kat?? I was thinking of doing it but wanted to know what it looked like first...The 98+ ones look cool with the mesh....
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          Has anyone ever "Meshed" a Pre98 Kat?? I was thinking of doing it but wanted to know what it looked like first...The 98+ ones look cool with the mesh....
                          Someone on the board has, I can't remember there name though, Theres even pics floating around here somewhere.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X