X

um... help!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um... help!!!

i got this bike for free so i dont think its bad. but as you can see it needs alot of work. please give advice for going sf. i cant seem to find parts for this. also pics and tips are always welcome!
    Attached Files
    WHEN IN DOUBT , HIT THE GAS.

What year is it? Is the frame straight? Do you have a title?
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

It seems you bought a bike with front end damage ? Hard to tell what I'm looking at with them pics . But just about anything's fix-able . Just depends on your budget .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

its a 2003 600.the frame is straight. i do have a title.

Comment

Forks look bent. www.ronayers.com for parts. You can also try ebay. Either way, that's going to be an expensive fix. Good thing it was free.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

as far as ohlin forks go, it seems they do not make forks for the kats. can i use gixxer forks? im thinking i dont want to go oem with it because i would like better handling.

Comment

If they will fit, I have a set of GS500 forks. Yes, I know the GS has single front disc- perhaps the sliders (uppers, whatever their proper name is) will fit the Katana lowers? that would perserve the dual disc.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

im not sure if the gs500 forks would work. they are listed under a difrent part# at suzuki. if they will fit,, i intend to call a dealer,, how much do you want for them?

Comment

The header looks like it's trash too.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by BRISNDL1 View Post
                    as far as ohlin forks go, it seems they do not make forks for the kats. can i use gixxer forks? im thinking i dont want to go oem with it because i would like better handling.
                    SV650/1000 parts should fit. Also any Kat year, though the different axle and calipers may be
                    tricky. GSXR and RI/R6 entire front ends should also fit. That header is hosed!
                    Check out the exhaust exchange list. Pre 98 options will fit 98+ bikes.
                    Are the studs OK? I can't imagine that the engine sustained no damage after having the header torn free like that.

Comment

i acualy removed the header so i could strat the bike. i thought it would be bad to leave it on being smashed like that. i just bought one on ebay for an 02 for $20 plus 10 s&h.

Comment

also,, if i used a gsxr front end i would have to use gsxr calipers and rim too right?

Comment

Ahh carry on then. Good deal on the header! Ebay and Katanas can be a very good combination! I have made some amazing deals there..

Comment

heres a tip.... part it out, and buy a new bike

Comment

yes, sell the katana parts of ebay and get a gixer frontend, that is forks, triple trees, front wheel, calipers, master cylinder, and rotors............
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X