X

frame sliders ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame sliders ?

hi everyone i am new here and what i am doing is hepling my buddy with his '05 750 Katana ,i did the tail illiminator he wants frame sliders and possibly a seat cowl. now i have the bracket system for the frame sliders and am wondering if and why no one has drilled and bolted the sliders streat through the frame in the opening of the plastics ?
    sigpicHARDBODYS FOREVER

spell check and you can find a few people on here that have drilled.... or you can get the bracket system. Its not used for high speed crashes but if your looking for some to save the plastic at a stoplight or driveway, id go with em.

Anyone got the link for what im talking about??

Comment

I know my spelling sucks but i did a search and all found were the brackets , i would like to see what the drilled ones look like .
      sigpicHARDBODYS FOREVER

Comment

well this is all a guess because ive never done it.... but you could just buy the standard gsxr sliders and get a drill bit.... i would think ud need to make and thread a tube and weld it into the hole you just made then screw that baby in.... but then again i dont know anything

Comment

i took your advice and looked a little deeper and found what i needed to know and thanks for your help .
          sigpicHARDBODYS FOREVER

Comment

yeah that what I would do, but I would never, ever suggest drilling through the frame. Make some brackets, drill and tap them and have them welded on the frame

Comment

if there are other peeps out there with pic's of there frame sliders please post them i would like to see as many as i can before i do them and please make them close as poss.
              sigpicHARDBODYS FOREVER

Comment

Purpose made for the GSXF, due to demand from UK GSXF Forum :

Includes pictures
                Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

I would never drill out the frame. If you dumped the Kat @ a high speed the frame would most def be done , where as MAYBE the alum bracket would break-off and it would ruin your plastics. Sliders on a Kat....just ment for tipovers in MHO
                  [img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/waveman2/DSCF0039.jpg[img]
                  sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

sry try this http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=DSCF0039.jpg
                    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

give these guys a try. somebody posted this in here before. kinda pricy...but i like um.

Comment

Working...
                      X