Help prevent a murder today...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by River
    I'll get some tomorrow - Actually, I'll get him to get it. heh heh
    i used it after 1200 grit wet sanding and it did a perfect job on my headlights. id say using it first, then if it still isnt perfect, wet sand and again buff with the polish.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Brasso is also very good at polishing plastics. I've used it on shields, plastic windshields, and watch crystals.

If it just left a surface haze, then this will probably take it off with almost no polishing. If it is deeper you'll need a coarser compound.
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Guys, guys. Ten different suggestions, some of which will certainly make things worse, and most will require removing the screen so he does not damage other plastic. All this and the neighbor is totally embarrased about what he did and completly down with buying a new screen.

Take him up on the new screen so he is off the hook and you and he are good neighbors again. Your time and his continuing embarrassment is worth it.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

if he ruined your windscreen (mistake or not), just get a new one. He offered after all

I myself would buy someone a new one if I did that to it.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I've seen tooth paste used with some sucess on headlights.

Comment

you can get a new one from ebay for around 20 bucks

Comment

11 suggestions and counting...

Just buy a new shield, already!
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

It's been done and done. He's giving me the $100 for the damage.

As to everyone's help - thanks. Albeit, KickItJP - you need to stop drinking and surfing.
                  GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Originally posted by River
                    Albeit, KickItJP - you need to stop drinking and surfing.
                    Pray tell me what I'm supposed to do between classes then....

Comment

Grab a lockhart phillips smoked screen for about $50 and tell him to keep the other $50.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
                        I can't remember who makes it, but someone makes a polish for plastics that alot of Jeep owners use to reduse the white chalky look....I have gotten plastic headlamps to look decent again with Mothers Chrome Polish.....
                        It is called NOVAS plastic polish

Comment

Working...
                        X