X

Tail Swap Bandit>Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Swap Bandit>Kat

Hi I am new to posting on here but I have been reading for months. However, I have never seen anything about swapping a bandit tail to a Kat. Will this be a bolt on? Anyone know? thanx in advance.

Chris

No. It wont be a bolt on. It would actually be a biatch.

Comment

I would doubt it. The bandit and kat frames are totally different.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Fairing lowers are readily availilable for the Bandits. That might be a much easier way to go.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Thanx guys for the posts. Anyone point me to some straight forward type tail swaps then? I have read a few posts of people cutting off the rear subframe and welding in a new one from a diff. bike but I do not want to go quite that extreme. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Comment

The sub frame in the Katana is welded on

Comment

I'd have to say there probably aren't any tail fairings that will direct bolt onto a Kat without sub frame modification. Your best bet is probably exactly what you don't want to do, cut off the Kat sub frame and weld on a new one. Could always JB weld it
              "When people look like ants, pull. When ants looks like people, pray!"
              Suzuki Katana Templates, Manuals, Tutorials| Read This Before Buying or Trading| My Parts Wanted Thread for my '01 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X