Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2001 GSX750F. Replace Fairings or go Street Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a street fighter?

Comment

Basically its a motorcycle with very little or no fairings and other modifications to give it a sharp, edgy or any other look. Search for it in the forums to see pictures.
      -Will-

Comment

Originally posted by chomperhater
        I found a set of plastics in yellow. It has its share of scratches, but I found a complete set for $220 shipped. Where is a good place (in Az) to get it painted? Would you suggest I do it myself? I'm pretty handy, but I dont know how a spray can paint job will turn out!
        Mojoe has some good info on the paint process (in the paint and graphics section). Don't know why it was never stickied, but he has a good walk through. SweetLou had a good one too. I think thats in the how to section. Rattle can jobs can turn out good if done well.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
          Originally posted by chomperhater
          I found a set of plastics in yellow. It has its share of scratches, but I found a complete set for $220 shipped. Where is a good place (in Az) to get it painted? Would you suggest I do it myself? I'm pretty handy, but I dont know how a spray can paint job will turn out!
          Mojoe has some good info on the paint process (in the paint and graphics section). Don't know why it was never stickied, but he has a good walk through. SweetLou had a good one too. I think thats in the how to section. Rattle can jobs can turn out good if done well.
          I read through that section. Problem is I don't have a dedicated area to work in.
          -Will-

Comment

evillilone just painted his fairings and he don't even have a garage, ask him what he did.

Comment

I set up a couple of tarps on my side porch when I paint.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                I set up a couple of tarps on my side porch when I paint.
                I live in an apartment complex. I'd be homeless if I tried to pull that stunt
                -Will-

Comment

well i live in apts .. and depending on if someone with the apts lives there .. you can do like i did and paint after they leave for the day and on sunday usually .. plastic drop clothes are cheap to get from lowes or home depot .. other than that ask a buddy if you can use his garage and take care to put out the same protection so you dont mess up your buddies garage .. i used dupli-color as per sweet lous post .. just take your time and do a good job of preping things .. you will prolly lay down a couple layers of prime wet sanding each time until you get a perfectly smooth surface to use.. then go with color and follow mojoes post from this point on
                  so many roads so little time

Comment

Katana was sold as is for $2000. Someone in the Phoenix area will have a blast with it!
                    -Will-

Comment

It would be interesting to see a street fighter KAT!!!!!!

Comment

heres my outlook on a streetfighter (true) no fairings, better suspension, tricked out, or shortened rear subframe, different headlights, (round single or dual, maybe a custom headlight shroud, and good tires. streetfighters are meant to handle great and have some power. also there not show stoppers. im not a big fan of palastics....again this is just my opinion

Comment

You could make a Kabandit out of it. It almost looks like the half faired ones as it is. Don't know if the upper fairing from a Bandit S, or a SV...S would work with the gauges.

Comment

Working...
                          X