Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

2001 GSX750F. Replace Fairings or go Street Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 GSX750F. Replace Fairings or go Street Fighter?

I picked up a 2001 750 Katana yesterday for $1160. Clean title, original owner. Mechanically sound, but missing most of the front plastics from a lay down in the 'hood. It still has the (perfectly running) instrument cluster and headlight assembly. It does not have the front turn signals (being that they are part of the fairing). Exhaust is scratched up, but nothing major. Forks are straight as can be. The guy even gave me a spare front tire! My question to my fellow riders is this: How easy is it to retain the stock instrument cluster if I decide to do a Street Fighter look? I realize that the stock rear plastic would look ridiculous with a SF look. Any replacement ideas? (GIXXER rear fenders maybe?) Finally, if any of y'all have a "Gold" colored set of front fairings in decent shape, I am very interested. Keep in mind that I don't plan on keeping this bike long. It is merely an investment. Pics coming soon!

PS: (Plastics are gone, so repair is not an option).
    Attached Files
    Street Fighter.....bitch!
    83.33%
    Replace the Stock Fairings. It is a much better thing to do. It was made to be like that... blah
    16.67%
    -Will-

I've taken a real liking to the way streetfighters look lately, if it's done right that is. I think if you were able to to get a gsxr tail fairing on there and a single headlight or a pair of the streetfighter dual headlights on then it'd look pretty badass. This would probably end up being cheaper than buying new plastics for the whole front of the bike

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Comment

About the value of the bike

Do you think I paid a good price for the bike? Also, what will be worth more? A street fighter or a stock katana?
      -Will-

Comment

a stock kat is worth more than the street fighter. Street fighter are created when someone is just tired of the bike or want a project. Kats are very easy to restore. IF you are going to get rid of it, keep me in mind. A sound kat with no fairings is a good thing, because you can turn it into what ever you want.
        eazy1100

Comment

You think I can get atleast $2500 for a 2001 street fighter with 9200 miles? The mods will only cost me less than $100.
          -Will-

Comment

Originally posted by chomperhater
            You think I can get atleast $2500 for a 2001 street fighter with 9200 miles? The mods will only cost me less than $100.
            then it will not be a streetfighter...it will simply be a naked Katana

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
              Originally posted by chomperhater
              then it will not be a streetfighter...it will simply be a naked Katana
              Ok.. let me rephrase: A project street fighter.
              -Will-

Comment

Here is my take...If you are going to mod it and turn it to a SF because you like it and you are going to ride it around then go for it...If you are looking for a bike to just buy fix and resell then take it back to original but you'll be spending a bit of $$ on it...go to nada.com (I think that it the right site) to get a value of your bike, then decide what you want to do with it...
                That was Hell fast but then again what do expect from Beelzebub...

Comment

Ok.. so NADA thinks its worth around $2600. Is that then worth $2000 without the fairings?
                  -Will-

Comment

Just turn it around and resell it if that's your plan anyway.

Now's the time to be watching eBay for parts... if you bide your time and watch closely should should be able to pick up a new set of plastics for less than $150. Then either pay to have those color matched, or have the entire bike repainted. Total cost should still be less than $500...

With 9k miles you should be able to get $2500-$3k for it in good condition.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                      Just turn it around and resell it if that's your plan anyway.

Now's the time to be watching eBay for parts... if you bide your time and watch closely should should be able to pick up a new set of plastics for less than $150. Then either pay to have those color matched, or have the entire bike repainted. Total cost should still be less than $500...

With 9k miles you should be able to get $2500-$3k for it in good condition.
                      Thanks Steve!
                      -Will-

Comment

you fully need to go street fighter, thats what myself and several others are doing.. Join our thread.

we are making an SF only thread soon

P.S. the front end of that bike looks WICKED without the plastics, I like the two silver bits above and below the light, do it up buddy, that will be a crazy bike

Comment

Check out some of the SF rides in here and compare them to the full armored Kat. Go with what looks better to you! I have seen some wicked SFs in here that turn heads.
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                            Check out some of the SF rides in here and compare them to the full armored Kat. Go with what looks better to you! I have seen some wicked SFs in here that turn heads.
                            I know.. and I have the tools and the materials to do a good job. Just a little short on time.
                            -Will-

Comment

I found a set of plastics in yellow. It has its share of scratches, but I found a complete set for $220 shipped. Where is a good place (in Az) to get it painted? Would you suggest I do it myself? I'm pretty handy, but I dont know how a spray can paint job will turn out!
                              -Will-

Comment

Working...
                              X