X

What is the difference between a 520 vs 530 sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between a 520 vs 530 sprockets

I am looking to upgrade my front and rear sprokets and I am confused about this 520 convertion stuff. Plus my bike is a 01 750, can anyone tell me what the stock ratio (teeth) is on sprokets and chain?
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

520 is a smaller width than a 530. Stick with 530, that's what you have on there now assuming you've never changed them.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
      520 is a smaller width than a 530. Stick with 530, that's what you have on there now assuming you've never changed them.
      Why should I stay with the 530 reconstyle? And what is the stock tooth count on both sprokets?
      Fast Eddie

Comment

The bike came with 530, why change it?

For a 750, it's 15 for the front and either 45 or 47 for the rear, you'll have to count them yourself.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Or look for the number stamp on the sprocket .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks md86, but what are the benefits to converting to the 520?
            Fast Eddie

Comment

Less mass means more rear wheel horsepower. I can't tell you how much of a weight difference there is between a 520 setup and a 530 setup but I would suspect hat it is not a lot.

Comment

The weight difference is small enough that if you change to 520 you wont feel any difference....

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill

Comment

Working...
                X